Lori's Minute

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Under Construction

Well, in Wisconsin you know it is summer when the road construction starts and you cannot get anywhere. You can see where you want to go, but you cannot get there from here.

Dr. John set up my page and now I am having HOH make some changes for me. The only problem is in doing so, he also screwed up his page and he cannot remember his password. (He does not blog often). So, my page is under construction as well.

I finally finished painting the cardboard for VBS(Vacation Bible School). Took most of the night while the five year old ran around the house tearing it apart. I think he is overtired because he was in rare form tonight. He asked me to dress him up like a mummy so I took a roll of toilet paper and wrapped him up. He lasted in it about a minute before tearing it all off and then trying to tape the pieces back together. (This kid loves tape so much we gave him some rolls for his birthday). There never seems to be enough tape but I am glad he is not using glue.

HOH and the ten year old are at Lifefest in Oshkosh, a Christian festival where all the top singers come for the weekend. I always think I am going to go, but decide not to since I am not a fan of crowds and I do not know the music well enough. I guess Summerfest in Milwaukee ends this weekend (a rock festival). I have never been to Summerfest either.

I am thinking about all my blog friends today...Mimi and Kristi and all the military families, my mother and father-in-law who is not feeling well and I am worried and I hope their house sells and they do not go into debt buying one down here. All the artists who have given me tips, all the funny stories by the other stay at home moms. I am wondering how Chana is doing and anxiously awaiting her return.

I guess life is always under construction....

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

If we do not grow, are we still living? Each day brings with it new joys and new sorrows. I wish you mostly joy.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I found the construction. I went to Bella and used her link.
Your youngest has such an imagination, but they always pick times when a person needs to do other things.
I wish I could tell you that your father-in -law is well but he got up at 5;00 and is now back in bed.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for thinking of me! I think of you often too. Whenever I put Binker in the strooler I think of your story how your son somehow got out of his while you were staining the bench! LOL! And I have been wondering about Chana and how her vacation is going as well.

I can't wait to do things like wrap Binker up in toliet paper! LOL!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger starbender said...

ha, my life is always under construction!
I luv 5 yr. olds! Even though
they tire me out, I never tire of them....
;]

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger KC said...

I love it that he tried to tape all the toilet paper back together! I have a nephew that loved to get tape as a present also! He liked the multi-colored electrical tape. His eyes would just light up like we gave him the best present ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home