Lori's Minute

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Reason for the strange events

For awhile now I have been wanting to post about a disturbing event that has been happening to me over the past couple of weeks but did not want to depress anyone until I figured out what is causing these events.

A couple weeks ago I had a terrible dream...one where I woke up and could not get it out of my head. For those who have a taste for the morbid, I will report a little of what happened in the dream.

This dream took place at the middle school I went to over 25 years ago. Now, I have dreams about school all the time where I cannot find my classroom or my locker but this one was totally different. This time I was in the hallway with Kelso and Jackie from 'The 70's Show" and Kelso had an American Flag. I thought we were going to surprise the class with a patriotic tribute but then Kelso had a gun! I turned and ran out of the school only to try to enter another door and came face to face with another gunman, a kid I did not recognize. I knew I was a goner when he fired his rifle at me. I fell to the cement hoping I would live. One eye was open and I saw the end of the rifle come into my sight right up to my head and the gun went off again..

Now the parents are all rushing past me trying to get to their kids. They do not see me and I hear my brother's voice calling for me. At first he is annoyed because he is the big brother and is responsible and he finally sees me on the ground. He thinks I am being difficult because I will not get up but then he walks around and sees I have no face left.

Then I wake up.

A couple nights ago I had another dream where I was in a horrible car accident but when I woke up I was ok because at least I was alive in that dream. Two nights ago I was in our bedroom with our son when the room cracked and we slid down the hill but we were both ok. Then, last night I dreamed I was on my way to an airport but forgot my ticket so I had to go back home only to find one of my family members dead.

I am a little worried.

I tell my husband about the dreams and we try to figure out what I was watching on tv the day before I had the dreams. He mentions he was watching earthquakes on the History Channel and I said I watched a cartoon with our five year old. Then he watched a war movie, I watched a Disney movie. Last night he watched a show on volcanoes and I watched Spongebob with the son. My husband is not having the awful dreams, but I am.

So, I guess this must be the answer. The reason I have nightmares is because of the cartoon channel!

I did not have this problem when I used to watch Scooby Doo when I was a kid but we did not have cable then either. So, since I already blame the cable company for a lot of things, I am going to blame them for this as well.

Family Update: Today while the five year old went to school, my ten year old and I decided not to clean and made cards (stamping). She made thank you notes for her first communion gifts. We have not done this in months and it was fun to get back into it again. We also went to look at a duplex with my sister-in-law and then out to dinner at a place where for some reason, we let the kids decide and they both argued about it for a half hour but finally came to conclusion we could all live with. (We adults did not want to make any more decision so that is why we let the kids decide.) They made a good choice.

Have a good one!

THE NEXT DAY: well, here it is morning and guess what....no bad dreams! Blogging helps....note to self, must blog everyday...

5 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i too have had juicy dreams. ones that have shaken me to the bone. i wrote a post about them and i felt better after. the more i write my feelings out, whether good or bad, sad or joyful the less nightmares i am having. i know that my kids haven't had to wake me up once in a few wks because they can hear me screaming or crying. i am afraid of my dreams. i put way too much significance on them. i have many people who tell me they are just that, nightmares. they are not suppose to be pleasant. but my fear is that there is a message somewhere. and i think that is the key for me, that i fear there is a message so i can't let go like someone else might...someone suggested that writting it out might help with all my emotions and that is how i started blogging and why. for me it has been a healing practice and along the way i'm finding myself stronger. the funny thing is the since i find myself feeling stronger during awake hours, when i sleep i feel that much more enpowered. so little by little i have dealt with my night better....i thought i share that with you. i will leave it at that. i hope you find your peace of sleep soon. those beautiful eyes need to rest peacefully.

i, as a mother, blame the cable company too...lol..

it sounds like such a lovely time with your 10 yr.old..i'm glad you enjoy time together..and how nice that eating out was fun...

sleep well my sweet..i'll ask my guardian angel to keep an eye on you tonight.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Those are horrible dreams and those kind haunt us. I also put to much on my dreams trying to find out what they mean. Lets blame cable.

i am glad that you and your oldest got to spend some time together.

Your sister-in-law liked the duplex there a lot but location. The search goes on. I just keep looking at all the "Stuff" I have.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I have some off the wall dreams and usually they are along the same subject for a couple of days then all of a sudden no dreams for a couple of weeks. I never have a sweet and pretty dream..just weird ones.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Catch said...

Some dreams are frightening....sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I am scared to move or make a sound. I dont know why that happens, but it does scare you.

WHat are you eating before you go to bed? Sometimes they say it might have something to do with what you eat.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Blogging does help. Dreams come and go and there doesn't always seem to be a reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home