Lori's Minute

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Laugh for the day

Yesterday I mentioned I was helping my mother at the church where she works. She read a couple of jokes someone sent to her on her computer and I thought two were very funny.

Today's sermon: "Jesus walks on water"
Tomorrow's sermon;"Searching for Jesus."

The other one is: For those parents who have children and do not know it, there is a staffed nursery during the service.

Family Update: I plan to paint the front door today. We have a picnic at Kamp Kermit at noon where the kids do their skits. It is supposed to rain so it will probably be an indoor picnic. I feel bad for all those on the east coast who are experiencing flooding and hope there can return to their homes soon.

7 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is flooding here in MD. They were in a drough and we brought the rain from CT.The American Legion is flooded for the billionith time. I do not know what person decided to build it along the edge of the creek. All the old regulars are hanging out in th eparking lot cause they don't have nothing to do w/o the legion! LOL! Anyway, I love that first Jesus joke! It really made me smile!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi Just got in the door back from Iron Mountain where we swam, ate shopped and went to the show.
Esther our realitor she left a suggested price for the house

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger kristi said...

Well it sounds like you are making out fine on your little vacation too.

I did not know of all of the flooding up North until yesterday. My family all lives in Southern NJ but because the Delaware River is so wide there, the flooding is not affecting them

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I liked your jokes!!! I was watching some of the flooding on tv....what a pity for those folks. We used to have flooding at the upper end of this town...FEMA came in and bought most of the houses in the flood dist and tore them down...the few that wouldnt sell and wanted to stay got there houses built up high on cinder blocks so it wouldnt get in their houses.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

my sweet, keep on enjoying your family. you are beyond wonderful and funny. so glad to have met you. Bree is a doll...her comments are so thoughful and kind. you and the HOH have done a great job. be happy and receive much love. read you when i get back.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Great jokes.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi mommy I miss you a hoole lot.Come read my blog.Or say thaton your blog miss you see you in two days Crazy object B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home