Lori's Minute

Monday, June 26, 2006

Vacation

Not only is HOH(hunk of husband) home on vacation but our daughter is gone to her grandparents and the five year old goes every day this week to Kamp Kermit from nine until one in the afternoon. So, we are so excited to have some alone time but I bet you will never guess what the first thing we did after we dropped off the five year old.

Well, we were going to go out and have a nice quiet breakfast but both us were not feeling all that great. Neither of us slept well so we woke feeling sluggish. He had aches and pains and I had cramps(so much for being "alone"!) and I asked if he could stop at the store so we could pick up some Advil before we went for breakfast. He thought it was a good idea so the first thing we did on out vacation was to "purchase d*rugs" as my husband put it. Pretty pathetic, huh?

After breakfast we went to look at couches at the new store that opened today in fact. We think we found one along with a chair and ottman. Right now we have a sectional and it is so hard to move when we vacuum and also hard to get in and out of at times. Not to mention I like to take naps on the couch and this one is not comfortable at all to lay down on.

Then we went to another store to do some comparison shopping and we found a fabulous couch. It is crescent shape and made to seat at least five people and also came with two ottomans that fit in front. We both 'got in' and it was so comfy. The only problem is it is $3500! (The one we are currently looking at costs $500 - yeah- cheap!) Anyway, we think the color of dirt will work well with the kids and the dog hair if we get the cheap one.

Since we took out daughter up north Sunday, we went to church tonight and the assoc. pastor played the harp....it was actually very pretty.

Have a good one!

9 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camp Kermit?! HA! I love it!

I hope you get to enjoy some alone time! I would go with the cheap couch until the kids get older!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Why does every thing we want always be out of our price range.I think if you got the really expensive one you would spend a lot of time protecting it.

The daughter is doing fine and I am enjoying her.

I do hope you get to really enjoy the time alone

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

nope buying d*rugs was not what i instintively thought of when i first read your statement. ;)

couches and kids and naps, that i remember. good luck with that.

enjoy your free time. stay home and enjoy your free time ;p ...have fun and take care.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Catch said...

No sense in putting a lot of money into a couch while the kids are young...especially if they eat iin the livingroom and most kids do.

Alone time? Whay is that? I havent had any lately...lol

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi mom i miss you tell dad to blog and to read my blog so he can get points.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Playing the harp was something I never did in my ministry. We are enjoying having Bree with us and she seems happy.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me today.
I just tell my husband we need to run away some day!! Enjoy it while you have it. The best investment we made was to buy black leather couches. We spent around $1000, but they are so easy to clean and take care of. My husband's grandmother's leather couches lasted a very long time.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I hate when we can't find something we can afford and actually like. But I guess if it is not broke don't fix it huh.

Sounds like you had an interesting first day of "vacation"

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Thanks for your kind comments Lori..its so good to know that ppl are caring and thinking of us..its really what keeps me going!
Id go with the cheaper sofa for the meantime too..and with the kids away..well you can .... it;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home