Lori's Minute

Monday, July 03, 2006

Who needs fireworks?

For those of you wondering if Dr. John made it to Green Bay, he did. However the hotel he and Betty are staying at does not have internet so he will be coming to my house to post later today (sometime this morning is my guess).

He brought with him some fireworks. Don't get me wrong, I love fireworks as long as I am not responsible. This is a sore point with me because this family has a history of things going wrong with fireworks and last year was no exception. My daughter's birthday is right after the fourth, so HOH(Hunk of Husband) bought some on sale. We then had a fireworks show right next to our house where there is an empty lot.

Things were going well until I heard my brother say to my HOH "Did that just fall over?" and the next thing you know, all the fireworks started going off at once. The air was full of smoke and it was very loud. I was holding on to our golden retriever who was going nuts and my daughter started crying.

There was a car with a group of kids in it that stopped to watch the show and when it was over the driver said to my HOH "Dude, was that supposed to happen?" and HOH and the rest of us chime in "Noooooooo" to which the guy says, "Cool...thanks!" and drives away.

I hope I am able to report a safer outcome tomorrow. I do like fireworks, I really do but I will be glad when it is over.

Be safe!

6 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Catch said...

Im glad nobody got hurt last year!! And I hope all goes well this year! Fireworks can be very dangerous if everyone is not real careful.

Glad to hear DR John and Betty made it safely to your home..you guys have a great time and enjoy your holiday.

Thanks for your comments this morning Lori, they were very much appreciated! Have a great day!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori!
Followed your link from my blog, you have a nice site. :D

I hope all goes well tomorrow with your fireworks. Have fun and enjoy the day!

take care,
Shilo

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Dr. John's blog? The latest is nothing but jibberish. Is it because he's using his laptop instead of his homebased computer???

Fireworks are beautiful, but best left to the experts. Have a good holiday. Be safe.

Sue

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am glad no one was hurt! I understand your hesitation with fireworks. I hope it all goes well this year! Have a safe and happy 4th.

This reminded me of how my mom would always buy a fireworked called Screaming Mimi. I hated it!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I share your concern but HUH and my Dr John and my other son go crazy I am glad everything almost went OK. I hope we learn more each year to keep safe, such a eye protection.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, when I was a kid the local fireworks show was put on over Lake Coeur d'Alene. One year the fellow shooting them off dropped the punk and blew the whole show at once -- it was spectacuylar -- but he also blew up the boat and lost one of his legs. I have a very healthy respect for fireworks -- and a bit of healthy fear, as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home