Lori's Minute

Friday, June 30, 2006

There's no such thing as an easy job

Yesterday I started painting my blue front door purple. I was hoping to get this job done before we went to see my son at camp. Of course, this was not to be. As soon as I started the first brush stroke, I realized I would have to do at least two coats of paint. Then I got paint on the white trim and it dried by the time I saw it to wipe it off. Later, unbeknownst to me, the end of my rag had landed in the can of paint and it left a big splotch on the stoop. I asked HOH (hunk of husband) to see if we had paint thinner. Cleaning the stoop took longer than painting the two side panels.

After we got back from camp, I continued my 'easy' project. I got more paint on the white trim and then I accidentally stepped on the paint can cover...errrghhh!!!
Today all I have left to do is put another coat on the door (the side panels are done). I will have to pick up some white paint trim sometime before winter. I did have a slight urge to paint the trim and stoop purple as well because that would have been easier but I stopped myself....whew!

I also started trimming the bushes yesterday. HOH came running to point out the wires I should not cut but I can never see. I finally asked him to remove the wires for the spotlights which we use to light up the flag at night. We used to have a hedge trimmer you plug in but I kept cutting the extension cords so HOH finally got me a battery operated one which does not work as well as the other one but better than the other one if I cut the cord!

I got about halfway through and my walking friend called to see if I wanted to go for a walk and I did so I will try to finish the bushes today as well as painting the door.


Family Update. Today is my son's last day at Kamp Kermit. I put a note in his lunch today for the first time. (I do this all the time with my daughter). HOH went back to work today probably because I had him doing all sorts of stuff at home while he was supposed to be on vacation...poor guy. I am looking forward to when my daughter is coming home this weekend. I have to remember to tell her the dog is missing her,too, because she went into her room and took one of her stuffed animals! Usually first thing in the morning the dog wants to go outside but not today.

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger kristi said...

Painting is always a messy task. I still have spots around the house from painting over a year ago. I still need to touch up but once I finished I was finished!!!!

Me and trimming hedges do not mix, I chopped them all up last year and my husband vowed never to let me touch them again, if I only had a hedge trimmer you are all so lucky

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I miss Maya too I can't wait to come home but i want to stay too.
why not paint our porch puple thats okay and the sidewalk too! Ha Ha we might go swiming today love yah TcoB

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Lori your painting excapade sounds like one of mine...I always get paint on something that its not supposed to be on. I have stepped on lids before too. One time I had the lid laying on the floor and my yorkie walked over it and tracked it all over the floor! I bet your door looks nice!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor dog misses his girl! So sweet!

Painting is one thing that makes me happy we don't own a home yet. It woudl surely be a disaster. Luckily for now the Navy does that stuff for us. But one day I will write a similar if not worse story! LOL!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I knew the purple door would be trouble.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Painting the trim and the stoop purple would probably have lead to the need to paint the house and the lawn purple ... perhaps even HOH, the kids -- and the rest of Lori.

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a logical process, both equally web site could use a customized storyboard penned by expert seo creative designers.
At this stage, approaching an Seo service provider and as well , interacting with
a great SEO consultant are going to make all our own difference.


Also visit my web page; cheap seo services in mumbai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home