Lori's Minute

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hump day

I do not know why but whenever I think of Wednesday, I automatically think "Hump Day". I think my father use to say it all the time because it after Wed, we are over the hump and heading into the end of the week. I think it is a funny name for a day of the week.

HOH(hunk of husband) and I have been floating through life the last couple of days since our oldest is "up north' and the youngest is in camp until one every day. It seems so quiet. We went to the hardware store and I bought some paint for the front door. I am doing a different color. It currently is a slate blue but has been fading. So, I bought, are you ready for this, a deep purple for the door!!! I have seen it on other houses, although not too many, but I like it. Usually they also do the shutters in purple as well. We do not have shutters. I figure if I do not like it, I will repaint it since it isn't a big job, Sometimes you gotta take chances!

Today I helped my mother at the church were she is a secretary getting the newsletter out. I have not done this since I have had the kids so it was kinda fun to help out again. She took me out to lunch after and then we met my husband and son at the furniture place. We decided to buy the $500 couch rather than the $3500. Even if we had the money, my mother in law is right, I would have been worried about spilling on the more expensive one or getting it dirty. The whole reason I like the $500 one is so I do not have to worry about it!

We also got a matching chair and ottoman. It is actually a chair and a half so my kids can sit with me if they want. Right now they try to sit with me in a regular chair and there is not enough room.

I miss my daughter but I know she is having a great time and will have great memories.

6 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i believe you miss your daughter but take it from me, she will have these loving memories way into her life..

i'm glad that you are happy with the purchase. specially glad that the kids get to sit with their mommy..cuddling is always good.

i have heard of that saying too, hump day..and yes, we are almost over the hump.

good luck with the painting. you have a good eye so i'm sure it will turn out beautifully.

take care and enjoy your time with the hubby. hugs.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Catch said...

My front door is the color of eggplant....its a very nice color.

Im glad you got your couch...I have a chair that is a one and a half chair....they are pretty comfy.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

She is having good ice cream to. But she is coming home to a purpe door. Wow!!! Talk about courage. The couch sounds wonderful or the chair and one half does.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Blogging about my loss 1 lb.
I am enjoying your oldest, but the thunder storms took away a chance to go swimming. We are hoping to do that today along with shopping and seeing a movie.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi this is your daughter . miss you but your painting the front door
Purple?Why? That okay I guess but why purple not some other color?

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I am sure that your door will look wonderful.

I bet you are happy to have the new sofa whether it be the expensive on or not, its still new.

As for your daughter, yes you may miss her but remember....she'll be back soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home