Lori's Minute

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Normally on a scale on one to ten with one being really awful and ten being absolutely wonderful, I would rate most of my days a seven (aka pretty good). Yesterday, Friday, I would rate it a ten.

It was a great day. My daughter and I took my son to his last day of summer kindergarten camp. We then decided it would be nice to take the dog for a walk. Perfect walking weather, the dog was not pulling all over the place and the best part was she did not do her business until we got back to our place (really do not like taking three bags to pick up doo doo and yes, she usually goes that many times).

Later we walked down to get my son and I sent the kids over to the playground so I could talk to the teachers about how my son did. I got a great report and fell in love with the teacher who I hope he has in the fall. She told me she has three boys who have ADD and knows all kids learn in different way. She showed me the special pillow she would have him sit on when the kids are supposed to be listening. It is a texture pillow and she also talked about other things she would do. Both teachers said they thought he should go this fall rather than hold him home another year.

This was such a nicer experience than preschool and I was so relieved and so happy I felt like crying (remember I am not a cryer).

The other teacher was my daughter's kindergarten teacher and she is retiring this year. We were reminiscing(sp?) and she mentioned three things she always will remember about our family. One was the book I wrote about my eye condition and read to her class and she mentioned again she thought I should publish it so that made my day! She also remembered for show and tell one time, my daughter brought a little recorder and it had the baby's heartbeat on it when we went in for a check up. She said the kids each got to press the button to listen to the heartbeat and she said you could have heard a pin drop they were so quiet and listening as each got their turn. The third thing was when we finally did have the baby, the first thing we did was call her classroom to tell her she had a baby brother (we did not know the sex of the baby until birth) and all the teachers said the look on her face was amazing when she listen to her father on the phone tell her she is a big sister to a baby brother.

This would have been enough for a great day but there'e more. We decided to have a picinic outside (took longer to put the basket together than to eat the food!) and then we went into the front yard and played in the kiddie pool. My five year old was using the hose to clean out the cracks in the driveway and he found a "precious jewel" (actually play jewelry) then he found another one so it was like they were on a treasure hunt. My daughter was also looking and I said if she found any money, it was mine and sure enough, she found a penny.

HOH (hunk of husband) came home late but he is now officially on vacation. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

And all is right with the world....have a good one!

8 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

how wonderful that you enjoy being a mother. what a gift that you make your kids feel like they are the most precious things in your life. you are truly a wonderful mommy. how exciting that holidays are now on for your guys. that you get to hang out with a hunk and that he with lovely you. the joy just jumps from the page. thank you because it jumped all the way over here. enjoy your beautiful familyl. enjoy your life. God is good.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Catch said...

You are such a wonderful Mother....Im glad you had such a great day. May all of your days be 10's Lori!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You are the kind of person who makes everybody elses day a ten. Thus it is good that you should have one.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You are the kind of person who makes everybody elses day a ten. Thus it is good that you should have one.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special day! I am so happy for you! Reading this truly makes my heart happy! I hope your son gets the teacher you want!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Its so nice to have a great day. Its souds like your youngest will have a good year.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger kristi said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience with your sons teacher. It sounds like he will make out just fine in Kindgergarten.

You are such a wonderful mother, I wish that my mom would have done half of the things that you have done.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is pretty well!

http://cigarettes.worldhinduforum.info/
http://diet.worldhinduforum.info/
http://baseball.worldhinduforum.info/
cigarette holder
mayo clinic diet
usc baseball

 

Post a Comment

<< Home