Lori's Minute

Friday, July 14, 2006

Now it's time for....

...another funny story I read from good old Readers Digest. A woman writes things were hectic at home so she asks her husband to run out for a quart of milk. He goes and comes back empty handed. She asks, " Were they out of milk?" He says, "No, they only had pints."

She then goes on to say he has a PhD in statistics!

ha ha....

Family Update: The ten year old is back from camp but leaves tomorrow for a sleepover at a friends. We are trying to stay cool and we are thinking of putting our extra mattress in the basement since it is nice down there and easier sleeping conditions.

We watched 'Monk' tonight. We are fans of the show since the main character played by Tony Shaloub was raised here and still comes back for family reunions. now I am off to watch 'Letterman'.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Catch said...

you know I got my readers digest in the mail a while ago and I put it in my work bag to read at work...and I completely forgot about it till I read this post!!! I cannot believe I havent read my RD this month!!!! Thanks for reminding me!!! You have to understand my work bag has tons of stuff in it...lol. Have a great weekend Lori!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

RD -- yea! My sister recently called and said she was geting me a subscription to RD. I said, "But it isn't my birthday or Christmas!" She said, "Yes, I know, but I love you." So, on Wednesday when I opened my mailbox and saw my RD I remembered my sister loves me.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

My mom watches Monk, so I've seen it few times because of her, otherwise I'd never watch it. It's pretty funny but I'd watch it on my own. It'll have to be on and then I'll look.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

I remember the terrible heat in OKlahoma in the summer when it was too hot to even go outside! In NZ the heats never overpowering,nor the cold either.Its winter here now and its about 50 degrees most days,bearable..

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We watched Monk too. I stayed up past my bed time.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I don''t know how I missed this post. Good story. Love Monk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home