Lori's Minute

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Top 100 countdown starting with 40

Alright, continuing the top 100 countdown starting with 40.

40. I like mowing the lawn. It is good exercise, it usually looks good(sometimes I miss a spot and hubby has to go over it so it is more work for him, poor guy) and I feel like I have accomplished something. I also like trimming bushes for the same reason but I only do that once a year.

39. I tend to buy things I do not use and I do not buy things I could use. For instance, I like to buy picture frames but most are not up on the walls yet, wicker baskets, craft stuff and dvds/cds that I have not opened yet but I really could use some new clothes but I won't buy any because I do not want to buy the size I need. Silly, silly...

38. The only time I iron is around the holidays or special events.

37. HOH and I had a small wedding (30 people) and spent our honeymoon staying at different bed and breakfast inns in the northeast (Vermont, N.H, Mass., and Conneticut.) We spent a lot of time looking for a McDonalds because I could not stand the food at the inns. They served things like vegetables(ewwww!) and eggs with crab in it....blecka!

36. I really do not understand why people worry what other people think....especially people they do not know or like. That is like worrying about when an asteroid is going to hit the planet. THere is nothing one can do about it so stop wasting all that time and energy worrying about it!

35.If I were younger and healthier, I would want more kids.

34. I stopped driving about ten years ago. My eyesight had deteriorated to the point where I just was not sure if there were cars coming or not when I stopped at a corner near my mother's house. It was a route I had taken several times a day for years. It was also spring and kids were out with their bikes and I could not be certain they were not there. So, I stopped driving. Usually I do not miss it, but once in awhile I do. It would be nice to take the kids up to the in-laws or to visit my out of town friends or to run to the store so HOH would not have to stop on his way home from work.

33. I hardly said a word when I was young, now I talk all the time.

32. HOH is my best friend.

31. I cannot sing.

Well, I hope I have not repeated something I already had on the list but I am too lazy to go back and check!

Have a good one!

5 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I like doing my yard to. I just get a sense of accomplishing something when its all done and looks nice. I have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast but I would love to. I dont like a lot of veggies either!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rarely iron, RARELY! And I do the size thing with clothes too. I used to buy them slightly tight cause I planned to loose weight. I always ended up with clothes too small. Now I just put off buying them. But I am trying to stop cause I need to wear something.I am embarrased to say I have never mowed. My mom would not let me cause we had a big hill and she was scared I would run over my feet. And now hubby does it. I feel so babied! LOL

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I use to mow the lawn now a nice young man comes and in half the time it took me and itlook much better, but I am older.
It's 1:oo AM and I am coming to your house tomorrow I just wanted you to know I read you.

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You talk all the time. I hadn't noticed that. I'll pay attention this week end.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home