Lori's Minute

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

60-51 more tidbits which will be on the quiz

Well, we are halfway through the list of 100 things about me. I think I will print out this list and see if it still holds true five years from now.

60. I went bungee jumping and would like to go again. The only thing I remember about this jump was the bar across the street was playing 'Achey Breaky Heart' over and over again. (We had had couple before we went on the jump).

59. I would like to try rock climbing.

58. I cannot keep an indoor houseplant alive for the life of me.

57. When I was in junior high school, I saw a program on heart surgery and wanted to become one until I realized I was not good in science.

56. I knew I wanted to be an artist since the first grade.

55. The first time I heard a car blinker (when you put on your turn signal) was after I got my second hearing aid and got into my car. I was 23 years old. Until then, I never knew they made a sound.

54. Like my father, I am cheap. But, like him, I will spend the extra money for a better product. My husband and I usually do lots of research before buying something.

53. I do not have a favorite holiday. I like them all!

52. One of my scariest moments as a kid was when I was five and my brother and I went with some friends trick or treating. We stopped at a house and they had a really big guy at the door with scary music in the background. He looked like if we came too close we would be sucked into his basement and never be seen again. My brother and friends ran away but I was frozen in fear. My brother came back and got me and we took off for home.

51. My senior year in high school, I went to spring break in Ft. Lauderdale where I got so sunburned, I actually fell asleep for 18 hours. After I woke up, I found out my roommates had a strip poker party with the guys upstairs! I was upset they were not concerned about me sleeping that long but I was glad I did not take part in that card game!

Family Update: HOH and the daughter are still coughing but they both say they feel fine. They had first communion class last night so I taped 'American Idol' for them. Today the daughter has a field trip so she was excited about going on it.

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Catch said...

You bungee jumped? oh my...I would have needed more than a couple beers for that! lol. i am enjoying your list! Im not sure I have a fav holiday either...I like all of them.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 hours of sleep! Wow! Even I can't beat that one!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm such a chicken, i wouldn't ever go Bungee jumping...That takes guts...

I cannot keep indoor plants alive..i have killed cactuses...

Glad to hear your family is doing better...

Great post..can't wait to read the other 10 i missed..

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger kristi said...

I have good luck with the indoor plants, its the ones outside that give me all of the trouble.

I have always wanted to bungee but I know I could never go through with it.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

The mother of two of my grandkids went bungee jumping. Wow. I never would have guessed.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I knew about the bungee jumping but didn't knowthat you wanted to be a surgeon.

That cough sure hangs on

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

I like learning knew things about you. A heart surgeon? I think you would have been like house very smart and matter of fact. You would get the job done and done right the first time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home