Lori's Minute

Monday, May 22, 2006

Week Four of Post Your Weight Loss Tuesday

Ok, I am actually doing this Monday night in case I have trouble on Tuesday like I have the past two weeks. The sad thing is I am not getting on the scale because when I did on Sat. morning after doing great all week, I had gained a pound so I was ticked! Needless to say I ate a lot this weekend. So I will say I gained a pound bringing my total from six to five pounds and I will get back on track starting Tuesday so I can post a loss next week. I hope my commenters did better and inspire me to do well this week.

Family Update: Not much new here. We went to church tonight. Our church has a service on Mondays for those who cannot come on Sundays which is another reason we like this church. It was a good sermon about a teacher reaching out to a student and how it changed the course of the student's life.

I wrote a letter to my sixth grade teacher a few years ago because he was the best teacher I ever had. He was also the toughest. He asked what we thought was impossible but by the end we realized we could do just about anything and that builds confidence. He wrote back to me (thank goodness he did not send my letter back to me full of corrections) and said he appreciated the letter and put it in the yearbook by the class picture. I also wrote a letter to a college professor who also was very tough but I never heard back from him. That is ok, i just wanted him to know I learned not only lessons from the class but life lessons as well.

Have a good one!

6 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I wish I had sent letters to the two or three great teachers I had along the way. It is too late now as they have all passed away.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Catch said...

one time our newspaper had a thingie about who was your best teacher and if you sent it in it would appear in the Sunday paper. I wrote in about Mr M, who was a great teacher....when it came out in the paper he seen it and he called me!!! He was so pleased, and I was so glad I took the time to do it. he passed away a few years ago but I will always remember him.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats really cool you wrote the teacher. I have thought of doing that. I could not stand the teacher, even her co workers still cant. But she taught a lot about professionalism. At the time it was boring cause I thought it was common sense stuff everyone already knew. But since I have discovered it is not common sense for a lot of people.

I did not weigh myself today! We went out for king crab legs last night. They are not bad, but the butter I dip them in is.

Have a great day! :)

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I don't know who weighed at the house but I had the scale set for my weight so I am not sure of my weight gain or loss but I joined you eating the same thing. will report tomorrow after TOPS.

I think it was nice for you to write your teachers. It must make them feel good that they had made an impression.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I don't know who weighed at the house but I had the scale set for my weight so I am not sure of my weight gain or loss but I joined you eating the same thing. will report tomorrow after TOPS.

I think it was nice for you to write your teachers. It must make them feel good that they had made an impression.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Well, you don't mention that your hubby and little girl are still sick, so i'm hoping that means their horrible cold is over.

I too have had some amazing teachers and it is so very true, the ones that can reach you and encourage you stay with you a lifetime. I'm glad that your gr. 6 teacher wrote back. Your letter probably meant the world to him.

Sorry you are upset over your weight loss..but you are doing great, so don't despair over 1 lb...

Enjoy your day and i'll be heading to your last day post asap...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home