Lori's Minute

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Continuing the countdown 50-41

More things about me starting with 50.

50.I lived in California for about six months.

49. I cannot see the Milky Way or constellations.

48.The first book I read several times was 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton in the sixth grade. It is still one of my favorite books.

47. I do not know what the big deal is about Brad Pitt

46. I attended the Indianapolis 500 in 1982 when our school marching band performed in the parade.

45. I used to have a ton of patience, now I have about zero. I like to say I used it all up with my early relationships. My poor husband and kids.

44. If I were to come back as an animal, I would want to be a dolphin (although my dog has a pretty nice life).


43. This is really silly but I have a fear the garbage men will come early and I will not have the garbage out so I will have to wait another week to put it out. (This happened once a few years ago so now I make sure it is out first thing Wed. morning.)

42. Despite the garbageman cometh too early phobia, I procrastinate on just about everything else.

41. I never had wisdom teeth come in so I never had to have them pulled.

Family Update: If you like hearing about Pigeon Falls, check out my husband's blog at linnasminute.com. There is an interesting photo.

I had my mother and brother and my sister-in-law over for a BBQ today which was nice. HOH did all the cooking. I planted my one tub of flowers and pulled some weeds so as far as I am concerned, I am done with the yard work!

Last night we had tornado warnings from midnight until almost three a.m. We all went into the basement and by the time we went back to bed we were all so wound up it was hard to go back to sleep. Despite this, we still made it to church on time which now has one service because of summer hours. It was a good sermon about how we call can contribute by use of our God given talents. I am not sure what mine is, but I hope to put it to some good use.

Tomorrow the only thing we have planned is taking all the weeds I pulled to the dump and possibly going to the bookstore (maybe I will buy "The Outsiders'). It is supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow....HOT!

Have a good one.

9 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I worry also about the garbageman getting here before I get the garbage out. Mine is picked up on Monday. Will they come tomorrow or not? the old group[not age but the group that use to pick up our garbage did come on holidays.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Well I always liked sodapop. Who was your favorite character? I don't worry about the garbage man as I live alone and don't make much garbage on a weekly basis. It can usally wait a week but two weeks would be horrible.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

And I never knew that I knew somebody who lived in California. Every day a suprise.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

I know some of your God given talenst in the short time i have had the pleasure of reading your blog...And here they are: In no special order.
You make everyone feel special and welcome. You love your husband and are a wonderful example of what a wife should be. You are a loving and caring mother and again an example of what a mother is supposed to feel. You are brave and encourage us all to be as well so therefore you are a teacher/inspiration to us all. You are kind and real. Should i go on? i can you know...
Thank you for starting to blog and share with us what your in-laws know, that you are a treasure.
Loved your husband post on the statue and love his parents comments on it too....
And btw, Bradd Pitt who? Pls, he is so not what the hype is about...Now, your Peter and my Joe, now there are some hotties.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you took the warnings seriously. Sometimes people get so used to them they blow them off. Stay safe. And have fun with the weeds.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I always put my garbage out the night before....but I am also confused...will he be a day later since the holiday???? Now I dont know what to do. lol

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I just read your post on my blog....Ill tell you what I did to learn the link thingie...I bought the book " blogger for dummies"...lol...and it has helped me a lot. Seriously it has a lot of info in it!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home