Lori's Minute

Friday, May 19, 2006

90-81 more things you do not need to know

Here I am continuing the countdown of '100 things about me'.

90. I once saved a toddler's life when I was in the shallow end of a pool. I was getting out and in the corner I looked down and saw the top of a head. I reached down and picked up a young girl and plopped her on the side of the pool where she immediately started crying and ran to her mother who was busy talking to another mom. I was about 12 or 13 and by this age I was usually never in the shallow end of the pool but I was on this day. I never really thought about it for years until my daughter started swimming classes.

89. I am a very picky eater. In fact there are several everyday food items I have never tried such as strawberries, cherries, watermelon, blueberries, peaches, avacadoes and that is only the fruit department. I did not try pizza or hamburgers until I was in my late teens.

88. I have been hospitalized twice (not including births). Once when I was 12 for a rare form of anemia for which I was in quarratined for a few days (and I had passed my first physical the month before so it was odd I was suddenly sick) and the second time was when I had my appendix taken out five years ago.

87. I have never tried smoking.

86. I worked steadily from the age of 15 until I became a mother at age 30.

85. I have worn a hearing aid since I was five years old. I started wearing two in college,

84. I am afraid of being homeless.

83. I do not mind being alone, going to restaurants alone, etc.

82. I was married to my first boyfriend for two years (we dated for four).

81. I did not go to a concert unitl I was 25 years old.


Family Update: Tonight we are going to an indoor football game and the Wisconsin Badger Marching Band is performing so we are all looking forward to it. Since we have all been sick off and on the past two weeks, it will be fun to get out as a family.

Thanks to all who voiced an opinion on the dentist. I am not sure what I am going to do yet.

Have a good one!

8 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

It is nice to learn more about you because you don't think to ask questions. You mean to say you had a life before HUH. I am also afraid of being homeless. I do not like to go out alone. Have a good time at the ballgame.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

It is interesting to learn of your life before Peter. Oh try strawberries they are good.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have never tried all those awesome fruits! That is crazy girl! Hey they are sweet and fat free! Give them a go and get back to me! ;)

Your fear of being homeless is a different one. I always have a fear of my house catching on fire. Especially when I am not home. It started when I bought my house when I was 19 and lived alone. I guess thats why.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and about the concerts, the only ones I have been to are New Kids when I was 9 and the Statler Brothers. So dont feel bad about that one ;)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Catch said...

My daughter is also a picky eater...she grew up on chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. She is just now starting to taste other things at 22. Try the fruit Lori.....it is scrumdelicious!!!!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger kristi said...

My father in law is probably just as picky as you when it comes to food. My son has started a new thing where whenever we go somewhere he wants to try what everyone else has to see if he likes something new. We are plate sharers!!! You need to try all of the fruits. Avacadoes are not something I like either so you can leave them out. I try to eat them in guacamole but I can only eat a little at a time

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Lexington Mass. Google is an amzing tool. I'm glad to see you're all well.

Don

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i share much with you...
I'm glad you have such a full, happy life with your Hubby...

My life without fruits, sounds sad...I loooovee fruits...I thought i was picky but i think you win...i am most picky with meats and spices...I have a very weak stomach.

I too am very scared of loosing my home and having no place for me and my kids...

Not a smoker either...

I don't like going places by myself..rather with someone...

Love your lists..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home