Lori's Minute

Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall is my favorite time of year and always has been. There is something about the cool crisp mornings and the nights seems to be perfect. I always say it is perfect football weather.

THere is another reason why it is my favorite time of year. Yesterday we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Pete says he cannot believe it lasted this long! He thinks I would have thrown him out a long time ago, and I think HE would have thrown ME out so maybe that is the secret to a long marriage. Seriously, we both make each other laugh.

We went out to dinner, had STEAK and I had a brandy alexander for dessert. Today, I am still full. Usually we do not exchange gifts but this year I looked up what one is supposed to give on the 15th and as it turns out, it is crystal. When I first met him, one of the first things I learned was he collected crystal pieces. Perfect...he says the words 'pink elephant' a lot so I got him a crystal elephant. I wanted to get him a castle but could not find one. I saw a dragon but my daughter pointed out it reminded her of grandpa and not dad so I got the elephant.

I asked him where all his crystal pieces are now and he said in box in the basement. I told him he should dig them out and we will put them in the curio cabinet. But, the elephant is going to his office at work.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I missed the date. I glad you had a good time. Now I know there is a birthday soon also.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Happy anniversary. You would think the one who married you would remember the date.

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is September 29. Happy Birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home