Lori's Minute

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The end of summer

A week from today the kids go back to school. My daughter will be in eighth grade and my son will start second grade. I will walk him to school, it is only two blocks away. I asked him if he can help me and let me know if there are any cars coming before we cross the street and he said "Sure". I figure it will be good practice because next year he will start walking by himself. My daughter will probably pick him up after school this year. It is getting too hard for me especially in the winter, the cane does not handle snow and ice well.

I had a great summer and I will miss them when they go back to school. Today I made a robot out of Legos with Luke. But, I have a plan on stuff to do around the house. These are things I planned to do LAST year when they started school but I did not do for whatever reason. THe good news is most of the hard part is done (all the bedrooms have been decluttered and stuff put away).

Soon it will be just me and the dog again. Maybe I can get him to build Legos with me.

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hii!
maybe the life isn't the celebration u expected, but, now, that you have been invited, dance gracefully...

its the 1st time i visit ur weblog, its great! best wishes...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I am sure your day will fill even though the kids are in school, Mine did.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

If you teach Spanky to build with Lego's I'll get him a spot on Letterman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home