Lori's Minute

Friday, August 29, 2008

Yesterday I had an eye appointment...first one in about five years. I do not like going to eye doctors because it is always a depressing experience. But, yesterday was different. The assistant who does all the preliminary tests was very good...efficient, spoke loud and clear, and good at explaining what she was doing. THe doctor was equally good...professional, answered all my questions and spoke loud and clear and I did not even tell them I had a hearing impairment. You would not believe how many eye doctors mumble when then are talking. This doctor even did some research for me and when she found out I have a physical next week, (catching up on all my doctor appts) she said she would send her the information needed for me to go on a treatment plan. Anyway, long story short, it was a good experience.

That afternoon we took my seven year old to meet his teacher and find his desk, put away supplies, etc. First he grumbled about the fact we had to walk to the school (we live so far...two whole blocks...ugh...poor thing). He was happy to see some of his friends from last year are in his class and it looks like the one who gave him some trouble is not...whew!

Last night I made my famous chicken dinner with crescent rolls and corn on the cob...a family favorite. For dessert I made banana chocolate shakes. We watched the Packer game...they lost but it started out great and we would have one at the end but the NFL changed the rules.

Life is good.

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a doctor who really on the ball. I need to go sometime, too. I can't believe school is already here. Almost all the grandkids are going, just one left at home. The eldest is 13 and going to middle school. The youngest in kindergarten.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

They changed the rules just so we would lose. I just know it.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

glad the dr. appointment went well.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

glad the dr. appointment went well.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

glad the dr. appointment went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home