Lori's Minute

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another post

Wow, two posts in one day...how often does that happen? Well, I am waiting for a phone call so I decided to post tonight rather than wait until tomorrow.

When we got back from vacation, some bees decided to build a nest near the roof of our house. It was about the size of a bowling ball. Three times Pete got up on a ladder, at night, and sprayed it. Three times he saw dead bees fall out of it but every morning as he went to work, he saw more live bees.

Finally I asked him if he wanted me to call someone.(This is much better than the time I took our brand new baby and went to my mother's house and said I wasn't coming back until he got rid of the bees that were somehow getting inside the house). He said he would spray it one more time. After that he came in and said to call someone because he had sprayed into the wind and got more stuff on him than the nest.

Today I called the fire department because I remember my mom called them once to have them remove a nest and they did. The lady I talked to said to call back at dusk and she would dispatch the firemen to our house. So, at 7:42 I called and the firemen showed up in their firetruck!(What were they suppose to show up in, a bus?) The kids were outside playing with the neighbor kids and were all excited about it. The neighbors out walking stopped to watch. I am sure they thought my cooking had something to do with the arrival of the firemen but instead they got to watch the guy in full uniform knock down the nest.

Luke wanted a picture of the firetruck and the fireman so Pete took one with his cell phone. Pete was going to tip them but the guy said he was just doing his job and they took off. Isn't it nice when people do something and do not expect anything in return? I may have to send a basket of baked goodies to the firehouse. Don't worry, I won't bake them myself.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Lori, if you bake them yourself they might come get them -- with the engine running and all!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Let's be honest you make good cookies.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

To keep the firemen at the firehouse you could bake a chocolate cherry cake, you are known for.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I remember having bees in the house we used to have. They were in the walls. What a mess! I think the firemen would appreciate a little gift.They are the good guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home