Lori's Minute

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Numbers Game

Today I cleaned out the fridge and also the family room. It took me about ten minutes to clean out the fridge but about three hours to clean the family room. Keep in mind, the only thing visible were toys, everything else on this list was either inside, behind or under a chair, couch, or ottoman.

Items Found in the family room:
At least 8 dog toys...I had no clue he had that many and I don't think the dog knows he had that many!

Two pants

Three shirts

Three baseball caps

Two socks (actually quite low)

Seven shoes, none matched.

Enough scraps of paper to fill two wal-mart bags.

Two paper plates

A paper bowl

Two remotes

Three books

Two Popular Science magazines

Two People magazines

Three children's books

Six stuffed animals, four were Webkins

A notebook

The playing cards we bought in DC for Pete's parents.

Several Advil wrappers.

Band Aid wrappers

An empty soda can.

Several beef stick wrappers.

Pretty much every thing else was toys which I had Luke purge from six containers to three.

HIs sister played a mean trick on him when he got home from school he wondered where all his toys went and she said "Mom threw them out!" He immediately started crying but I told them there were in the bathroom waiting to be sorted (the bathroom connects to the family room).

Interestingly enough, there were a few things I normally find but did not find this time...usally I find several pens and pencils...did not find one! I usually make a killing on loose change. I only found 26 cents. For once I did not find any underwear.

I know what you're thinking...why so much stuff in a family room? I am wondering the same thing. Tomorrow I tackle the cubby holes in the dining area. Perhaps I will find some underwear there.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Do we still get the cards? Just in the bedroom where the boys stayed I found two underwhare, two odd, socks, two shirts , and one pair of shorts.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

So where are our cards?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Phats said...

are you on your way to clean out my house next :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home