Lori's Minute

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"She Stays"

My daughter is in the eighth grade and walks to school with a friend I will call Jenny, who is a seventh grader. When they found out they had the same lunch, they decided to meet in the cafeteria the first day of school which they did. They went to the table where my daughter met up with the same group she ate with last year. They all welcomed her but stopped and stared at Jenny. Jenny thought she would have to leave but my daughter said, "She's eating with us this year. She stays."

With that, everyone went back to talking and eating and everything was fine...no protests or looks.

Jenny's parents called me about two weeks later to tell me the story. When I had asked my daughter on the first day of school, how lunch went she said it was fine and taht was it. But to Jenny, it meant the world and to her parents, it meant a lot as well.

I am so proud of my little girl.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're raising a responsible leader. Yay!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Tell Bree grandpa is proud to.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I am proud of her too.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great kid!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home