Lori's Minute

Friday, August 22, 2008

Balance

If there is one thing I have learned lately is what I really need in my life is balance...family, health, etc. but it is sooooo hard to do.Perhaps I have balance but I do not even know it. The reason I say that is I like to watch "Wife Swap", a show where two moms switch families for two weeks....the family lives one week as they would normally so the new mom knows what they do, then the new mom has the family live the way her family lives for a week. Usually one mom is really strict and the other mom has no rules. Or one mom is a total fitness nut and the other eats take out every night. One is a neat freak and the other is a slob with two dozen animals who rule the house. After each show, I ask myself where my family would fall in the spectrum and usually the answer is right in the middle. We have some rules but not a whole lot. We eat healthy sometimes, sometimes not. We spend family time together most of the time but not always. We have always had a dog.

Some of the moms on the shows have the kids signed up so they are busy every night after school plus they have daily chores. Some moms do not even make the kids go to school. We have some chores, each kid has one afterschool activity and they each have a couple chores. They both have to go to school and do their best at it...school is the number one priority. We also try to treat each other with respect.

It is funny how I did not know what we had until I sat down and thought about it and hey, I am ok with it! How often does that happen?

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Yours is a great family.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

The extremes are picked to draw people to watch the show. You do have a great family. I stopped watching when they had the very religious and the non believing families. It made those who believe in God look very bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home