Lori's Minute

Friday, September 05, 2008

An interesting day yesterday. First my mom called and said due to Neil Diamond postponing his concert, 100 people turned in their tickets. I got online and sure enough, we got two tickets!!! We are seeing him next week and we do not have to leave town. Whoo...hoo...I was supposed to order the tickets when they first went on sale but totally forgot all about it because I was planning my son's two birthday parties and the tickets sold out in an hour.

Then I went to my doctor appt. and ended up getting a physical which is fine because it has been awhile since I had all that stuff (and by stuff I mean things I cannot and do not want to mention) done. I am scheduled to go in for blood work and a mammogram (first one) in the next couple weeks. It will be good when it is all done. FOr those of you who need to get one done, there is no time like the present...get 'er done.

It is Friday and I am always tired on Fridays because of getting up so early all week (for me, early is six) so today I will do minimal housework (laundry, dishes, make my bed, do bills, make a few calls) and then LUNCH! Read the paper and by that time, the kids will be home from school.

This is the first time I have watched both the Democratic and Republican speeches and even Breanna is into it (could have to do with the fact that she got to stay up later) but they are historic and she and her dad are really into it. I am not sure I believe what anyone says anymore but I did like McCain's story and the statement "American Saved Me". The media did not like it that much but I thought it was good...I always seem to be in the minority when it comes to politics. I guess I do not understand it very well. I really liked what I saw in Palin's speech. (I missed Biden so cannot comment on his).

Have a good weekend, people!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

WE all know where Peter stands so your in the right place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home