Lori's Minute

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Door County

Took a couple days and went to Door County with my mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It pretty much rained the whole time but it did not bother us, we still ate, went shopping, and painted at the Hands On art studio.

I said to my mother-in-law, "Don't you just wanna live here?" forgetting that she lived in a small town for almost forty years. Oops!

The art studio was a cool place. You picked out a pottery piece (or you could make mosaics or paint wooden items) sat at a table and painted your piece. I chose a large bowl I want to put in my living room. You know, the kind you put large balls of twine in or something. I am going to put mine in a stand. As you can imagine, it is hard to imagine what your piece will look like once it is fired. I told my mom, if my piece does not turn out the way I want it, she is getting it for Christmas!

We went to several shops and as far as I know, I did not break anything. There was a funny moment where I was trying to tell my mother-ln-law something my sister-in- law wanted but my sil was standing right there and heard the whole thing! Oh, well, I tried.

My mom bought me a cookie press which has a dolphin imprint on it so that will be a good reminder of the trip. (The bowl will be too, it it turns out). The condo we stayed in was really nice and I would go back.

Next time we go, we will stay two nights and maybe take my daughter but she was dog sitting this time.

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that kind of stuff! I wish we had it here! Glad you enjoyed it!:)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I had a good time too. I wish we would have had more time.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home