Lori's Minute

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Books and misc.

I used to read at night before I went to bed as a way for me to fall asleep without a million things going through my mind. But, as my sight has worsened, it has gotten to be too difficult.

A couple weeks ago, my mother gave me "The Notebook" so last Sunday, I wasn't feeling well so I decided to try to read it during the day, when my eyes are less tired. I enjoyed it even though the ending went on a little too long for my taste. but it felt good to read a book again. (This is just my opinion, Mr. Sparks, and only my opinion).

So tonight, I thought I would try it again....this is a book I bought a couple months ago called "It's Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump and Other Life Lessons I Learned From Dogs." by John O'Hurley, you know, the guy from Seinfeld and he now hosts Family Feud. I always liked him. It is in hardcover and so the print is a little larger than a paperback.

Meanwhile, I have been eating marshmallow peeps. My husband's aunt stopped in last week to visit with her new husband and she brought me about five boxes of peeps! I would have eaten them all in a week if I were not in the middle of my 100 day plan to eat better and exercise daily.(Currently on day 55) As it stands now, I eat three peeps a day for dessert. That is about the same as half a candy bar. Too much info? I thought so....I am doing ok eating the rest of the day, though. Except for my daughter's birthday, and then that one time I was mad at the scale, but other than that, pretty darn good for me. Even when I was gone to KC for four days, I did well.

Ok, enough about it because I am starting to get hungry...

Bye!

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Three peeps a day seems reasonable. Peeps are in short supply right now because they are out of season.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peeps! Eeps! Too much sugar. Tastes like preservatives. Three a day is four too many!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home