Lori's Minute

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend News

We had a good weekend. I went shopping with a friend and finally got everything I needed to put up the curtains and hubby took down the old blinds and put up the new curtains. I also bought a new lamp, the kind I need to read....not very stylish but that's what the curtains are for.

Pete and the kids went to see the movie, "Underdog" and they all liked it very much. I was going to go also, but ended up shopping with my friend.

Today we went and got school supplies for the kids. I called my cousin who recently had surgery and she is slowly getting better. We reminisced about the days when we were kids and see each other at Christmas at my grandparents farm.

This week I plan to clean the house and pay the bills plus my daily walk on the treadmill. We are trying to decide whether to have a rummage sale. It seems like so much work and we have never really gotten much money out of having one.

For those of you following the story of the employee who would not help me at the curtain store, I called the manager back to find out what happened. She said what she believes happened was there was one person at checkout and another on the floor who was helping at checkout during the time we were in the windows department. There was a third person scheduled but that person called in sick. What I now believe happened was the two women who were at the desk were not workers but customers shopping together which seems to be a plausible explanation. The manager did apologize again and I am satisfied but I doubt I will be going back anytime soon.

Pete has class this week and we have a doctor appt. on Thursday for the son plus we need to get the dog back in for his booster shots. He looks really nice since we had him groomed (the dog, not the son). The groomers did a good job getting the snarls out around his ears and trimming his nails. I think he is a much happier pooch now.

Have a good week.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to go to a groomer and get these bangs out of my eyes!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Rummage sales are just a pain. Dogs like to be groomed , kids don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home