Lori's Minute

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Weekend

We had a nice weekend...went to Neenah on Saturday. We all played games except for hubby who watched the basketball games on tv. THe kids even got to see their cousins for a bit before we headed home.

Sunday, hubby and the kids took cardboard to the dump and took the car through a car wash. We watched more basketball games and it looks like we have a lot of teams to root for in the NCAA. One is Washington State coached by Tony Bennett which leads me to my only brush with fame even though it is embarrassing, I told this story before....

Tony's father, Dick, coached the men's basketball team at the local college I had returned to after dropping out for a couple years (a long story). Tony was the star of the team and was in a couple of my classes. My dad had worked at the university in the sports complex and was retiring and had a retirement party.

I went to the retirement party and coach Dick Bennett was there...he would soon go on to coach at Wisconsin. I rarely ask dad for favors but I did ask if he could introduce me to coach, a guy whose morals and ethics I had always admired. My dad took me over and introduced me to coach. Trying to think of something to say, I blurted out that I had Tony in a couple of my classes. Coach said, "Tony never told me he had Bernie's (my dad) daughter as a teacher!"

I explained I was a returning student and we laughed it off and I think he felt bad but it made my day talking to him!

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I never knew you were a college teacher either.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am glad you took no offense and you got to meet someone you really admire!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home