Lori's Minute

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Star of the Week

This week, my five year old is star of the week in kindergarten. This means a lot of work for the parents! We had to fill out a huge poster, fill out a book and try to come up with show and tell items for each day of the week. We also made cookies to hand out but of course I just could not make the cookies. I put two in a baggie (for all those germophopic moms out there) and made tags for the top which read "To my co-STAR" from Luke. Luke had fun decorating the cookies although I am not sure there are still edible.

Yesterday, his 11 year old sister stopped in his class after her school got out and talked about her experience at the school where the kids are now. She also talked about where she goes to middle school, about what she and Luke like to do for fun, and handed out the cookies.

Today, I read a book I wrote called, "THe Blind Lady Who Can See". I wrote it five years ago and read it to my daughter's class and the teachers loved it. It talks all about RP and what it is like to be sight and hearing impaired. I decided to redo it because the first one was put together rather hastily, so this time I used the computer for all the text and did a better job illustrating the pictures. I pasted all the paper on colored cardstock. I am happy with the way it turned out and plan to "show it off" when I go the RP convention in July. The teachers have suggested publishing it but I am not sure what is all involved. They also said I should go around to all the schools and read it to all the kindergarten classes so I will see if that is something the district will allow.

Then hubby went and talked about his job (he works for the schools on the computers) and he and Luke talked about what they like to do for fun such as light off fireworks and rockets.

The sun was shining and it was a perfect day.

6 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I know a lady that runs a pu8blishing company. I could ask her if she's be interested.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds interesting.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Catch said...

How nice this was Lori that you all pitched in to make your sons week so nice. And the cookie idea was great! I do think you should give publishing that book some serious thought. I bet your son was so prooud of you! Hugs

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Although the week required a lot of work it sounds like it was well worth it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make Your Home Secure

Always ask for ID when service men come to your home. Do not let your children answer the door. Don't be afraid to call the company for verification BEFORE you let them inside your home.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loans for Your Bills

What we do is quite simple. After years of research and through exclusive relationships with little-known lenders, we are able to guarantee ANYONE a bad credit loan of up to $25,000. Perhaps you need a loan for debt consolidation, home improvements, a new or used car purchase, a new home, or even a vacation! We are affiliated with many lenders who cater especially to people with bad or no credit. These are experienced and trusted lenders that value your business, no matter what your credit situation is. Our database includes the following lists:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home