Lori's Minute

Thursday, March 08, 2007

They Can Put A Man on the Moon But...

They can put a man on the moon, but ..

....they cannot invent a battery to last more than an hour in a kids toy but the one toy you cannot turn off comes with it's own battery and you have to spend your whole weekend looking for various ways to destroy it.

....they cannot invent a way to get those sticky tags off the glass on picture frames.

...they cannot make kids pants so the knees do not wear out within a week.

...they cannot figure out a way to recycle old computers. We have at least five old computers no longer in use in our basement. They should self destruct after ten years.

...they cannot figure out a way for the average computer user to buy, setup and use a computer without having several technicians on call or within a two mile radius of the home in case of emergency.

...they cannot invent a bed to make itself, or a bathroom to clean itself. C'mon, can't be harder then getting man to the moon and then getting man back to earth.

...they cannot get cellphones to work more than 50% of the time. Everyday hubby calls me on his way home and we might as well forget it because we spend the whole time trying to figure out what the other person is trying to say.

...they cannot invent a truly universal remote. We must have three universal remotes and about ten original. None are simple, of course.

...cannot figure out how to increase the gas mileage on new cars. Since the automobile was invented, we should be getting like 1,000 miles to the gallon by now instead of 19.

I would go ahead and invent this stuff but I am too busy trying to figure out why my vacuum cleaner does not work properly for the umpteeth time.

5 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I agree with you. Old computers are a problem, we have solved it by giving them to you. Soon this one will have to be stored. My hard drive is going. What is the problem of getting a new hard drive? Why a new computer?

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That would be really funny if it weren't so true. I have heard that some computer/electronics stores have recycle programs. You might checkit out. They do it around here. They recommend that you either destroy the hard drive or get a program to clean off all the data first. With so many electronics out there this is something many places are starting.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Catch said...

haha, I am the vacuum cleaner Queen, I have had about 20! If the belt doent need replaced or the bag or cup doesnt need emptied then its just time to throw it away. I know people who have had the same sweeper for 20 or so years! Not me. Ive had all kinds, Rainbow ( I hated it, but we paid so much money for it the ex wouldnt let me get rid of it,) the motor finally burned up in it and I was glad to see it go. For a while I bought those hoovers or eureckas (sp) for under a hundred dollars, I called them throw-a-ways.I was lucky if I got 6 months out of them. I run my sweeper everyday so I do use it a lot. Now I have a dyson, we will see how long it last! So far so good.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You need a new belt. They always need a new belt.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori -- it is the mysteries of the universe that keep us on our toes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home