Lori's Minute

Monday, February 26, 2007

Playing in the Snow

Over the weekend we got about 14 inches of snow. Yesterday we spent the whole day eating junk food because before the storm, we went food shopping and bought all kinds of food and most of it was junk food.

My son went out three times to play in the snow and my daughter twice. After they had hot chocolate, we worked on a puzzle we started over the weekend. It will probably be on my kitchen table for weeks and we will have to eat around it, but that is what family life is all about, working around whatever it going on at that time.

Today after school, my son wanted to play outside again so I agreed to go out and try to help him build a snowman. The kid has to build at least one while he is still young, right? The snow wasn't packy enough so we built a snow mountain. We got tired of that and played baseball. He used a small shovel as a bat and I threw snow balls. The best line was "I was laying in the snow sleeping because it was comfy." I remember that feeling as a kid when you get all tired out playing in the snow and you need to rest so you lay down and look up at the sky to rest.

It was fun being a kid again.

7 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I would love that! I'd like to have just a little snow now and then. But around here that won't happen. It will be almost 80 today.

I do have a fond memory of the snowman my grandfather made me when we visited him in New Jersey when I was a kid.I wanted to bring him inside so he wouldn't be cold at night.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I remember one time my brothers built a snowman..it was like 12 ft tall...lol...we have pictures of it somewhere..if I ever find them Ill post it for you. We used to have so much fun playing in the snow..

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I loved playing in the snow. I saw all the snowmen on the news that were made. I'm glad that you had a good time with your children.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Ie would be nice to be a kis again. Glad you had a good time.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

family is all about all that you write about. both your kids are so happy that you have the spark in your heart and the good sense to be the great mother you are. the snow time sounds magical. he will never, they will never, you will never forget these precious memories. someday, many yrs from now, the heart will smile remembering how much fun mommy was/is..

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori -- I zeroed in on "zunk food." So, how is the exercise troutine going? And should I come ask you that question weekly? Or perhaps daily?

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 inches! Wow!

Playing baseball in the snow sounds like fun. I used to take littl enaps in the snow too:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home