Lori's Minute

Friday, March 09, 2007

Last night we dropped my five year old off at a birthday party and took my daughter out to dinner to celebrate her report card. We then went to the mall where we went to all her favorite stores.

First we stopped at the book store because I wanted to purchase the new Bob Woodruff book (the news anchor wounded in Iraq) but they were sold out. I picked out another book(James Patterson latest), my daughter picked out 'Ripley's Believe It or Not' (used to love that book as a kid) and then I also purchased 'Are You My Mother?" for my son. It is my all time favorite children's book for kids learning to read right along with 'Go Dog. Go' and ironically are both by the same author (I think). Anyway, we had misplaced our copy so I have not had a chance to read it to my son yet and they had it at the book store so we got it. The lady at the check out offered to order the Bob Woodruff book with free shipping sent to my house and I accepted.

After the bookstore we headed to the accessories place for teen girls...spent A LOT of time there but bought nothing. Then over to the teen clothing store, the only one in this mall, and bought two shirts. Finally, we met hubby who had gone to pick up the boy at the final place where we bought my daughter new sheets for her bed.

She loves the leopard print but she calls it 'cheetah girl' print and of course, they had a sheet set with this print on it in the bed size we needed (full, which is hard to find sometimes). It was not on sale and I never buy anything unless it is on sale, but I bought the sheets....she is worth it.

Now her room looks like something out of Elvis's house... we are just missing a few velvet paintings. ...sigh....

4 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Hope you are able to come over.

On the sheets, this too will pass. They may in the future be material for a costume.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

that is sweet of you, to think, feel and say that she is worth it. she must feel that every day and it will stay with her and give her confidence and help in self steem... some gifts, stay with us for a lifetime..thank you for the gift you give your kids daily. love you and admire you always. xo

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We even made a shirt out of

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We even made a shirt out of a Peanuts cartoon sheet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home