Lori's Minute

Friday, February 23, 2007

More of What I Don't Need

Most of you know, I do not clean unless someone is coming over. Tonight, my daughter is having a friend sleep over so I head over to my cleaning supply closet. I am specifically looking for floor cleaner which I swear we bought four bottles of not too long ago. I find three bottles of Kaboom which I have no idea what it is for but because it is in a spray bottle I know it is not floor cleaner and because of its name, I am a little afraid of moving it so I press on. I find three spray cans of Pledge dusting spray. I rarely dust so I wonder why I have three cans but again it is not floor cleaner. I find a jar of sterling silver cleaner which I used on my flute over a year ago, the biggest bottle of Liquid Plumber I have ever seen, and about three spray bottles of glass cleaner with about an inch of liquid in each. I would combine them all but they are all different brands and what if I mix and I end up like the bottles of Kaboom?

I look down to the middle shelf and there is nothing but lightbulbs and if I move one, they will all come crashing down. The level below the bulbs in all batteries. Ok. it is clear I am not going to find floor cleaner here. I check upstairs in the two bathroom. In the kids bathroom, I find a variety of clothes, stuffed animals, a toy money tray but no floor cleaner. (My plan when we first bought the house was to keep a stash of cleaning supplies in each bathroom but then the baby came along).

I check our master bath and there isn't anything there either. Finally head down to the kitchen and look under the sink and voila, there is a half bottle of floor cleaner. Now all I need to do is find the mop....

5 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Catch said...

lol..too funny Lori. I have kaboom too....not sure what its for either...lol. Sometimes I use it when I clean the toilet. Not the bowl but around the bowl. Good luck on finding your mop....mine is frozen on the deck...lol

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used Kaboom to cleam my floor. Worked just fine. Of course, I was cleaning tar off the floor, not regular old dirt. Btw, you could have used hot water and a squirt of dish soap. You really don't have to have special cleaners for each specific item.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

What you need is a place for everything and everything in its place. We tried that once. Didn't like it. We couldn't find asnything.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Use kaboom and its white write. Wasnt it like a clothing cleaner? I do not have Kaboom but I did try the dry balls that supose to replace the static sheets you put in the drier but it does not work that well.

If you mix toliet cleaner with window cleaner you get a big Kaboom or is it a knock out fumes?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

That's where my daughter's Pledge went.HaHa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home