Lori's Minute

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Vacation

The kids have been home from school this week on spring vacation. It took me a couple days to get used to them being around again but by the end of the week, it was fun. (hee-hee)

We went to a friends house for a playdate one day. Today my daughter went to our neighbors just down the street and it was so nice out I simply had to get out. My five year old and I took the dog for a walk. I had been warned by hubby the dog likes to pull hard and chokes himself when walking so I kept the leash short and he walked pretty well right beside me. My son had invented a metal detector and took it along on our walk. We found plastic bottles, wooden poles but no metal objects. Because he is only five, he made it out of paper so it blew in the wind so it was also a wind detector (winds were blowing south today - unusual for our area).

Later, my daughter and I went to the craft store. She is learning embroidery in school and really likes it. I told her I used to do it when I was her age so we went and picked up some patterns and some supplies. I hope I can finish these patterns unlike the ones I started all those years ago.

This weekend we will meet the new addition to the family, a puppy my sister-in-law got this week. She has waited a long time to get a dog. The kids are so excited and cannot wait to meet her and I admit I am looking forward to meeting her, too.

Spring is here, people! Whoo-hoo!

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Spring Break is coming soon. I can hardly wait! Yeah! No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks .... Hey! Wait a minute ....

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Had a good time up North or more North.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Only my grandson could make a metal detector out of paper and find wood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home