Lori's Minute

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Believe It or Not

My daughter is into Ripleys Believe It or Not books just like I was when I was her age so I thought I would do my own things that are good about having RP....Believe it or Not!

1. I think God gave me many things to help since I have RP (tunnel vision and night blindness). For instance, a very hard noggin. I am always bumping my head and never once have I had a concussion or split my head open and needed stitches. Football players make a lot of money but they do not have hard heads because they have to wear helmets but I get a hard head!

2. Same for my height...I am not too tall as to hit my head on any open cupboard doors yet tall enough to ride a roller coaster.

3. Once my sister in law and I and my daughter were eating ice cream cones...the old fashion waffle cones that take forever to eat. She was constantly dripping on her shirt and said to me, "You are a great ice cream eater....you have not dripped on anything!" I said, "God knew I was sight impaired so he made me a good ice cream eater to make my life easier."

4. I get a handicapped parking tag. Obviously I do not drive, but whoever I am with (whom?) gets to display the tag. It makes me popular with my friends around Christmas time or when it is raining.

5. I cannot see dustbunnies.

6. A big hairy spider could walk right past me and I would never see it.

7. I do not have trouble speaking in front of a large group of people because I only see one person anyway...if I am lucky.

8. People I eat out with steal fries off my plate and I never see it therefore I do not gain as much weight thinking I have already eaten them all up!

9. Hubby thinks I need his arm because I do not know where I am going but it is really because I want to be close to him.

6 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Catch said...

hmm...thinkin about that big hairy spider.....you know Im petrified of them!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I like number nine and I'm sure Peter does too.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a cool prospective.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Good point of view.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#9 is my favorite, but here's your #10 -- God gave you optimism and joy.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a fun read! I am glad you can see the brighter side of things, well sorta;-)Take care!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home