Lori's Minute

Monday, March 26, 2007

More Useless Things You Do Not Need To Know About Me

1. Favorite Childhood Memory
I think it would be getting a puppy for Christmas when I was five. He was in a box and jumped out and hid under the chair where my mom was sitting. She always was his favorite. We had him for 15 years. His name was Husky and he was a poodle.

2. Favorite High School Memory
Ugh....this one is tough because I did not like high school. I guess it was getting A pluses when I gave oral reports in language arts class. I was so shy and never said a word so I think I surprised people when I gave speeches.

3. First car...a 1976 green Gremlin for which I paid $750 with my own money. I bought it 1983. It was terrible in snow(rear wheel drive) and it had a crack on the side of the windshield which I never replaced. I think I sold it for $300 about four years later. The one good thing about it was it always started in the winter.

4. What was my room like as a kid? Let's see, we moved into our house when I was five and the former owner was an artist. One room had Bambi painted on one side and Flower (the skunk) on the other side. The walls were pink. I had a full sized bed with a bedspread that had large pink and yellow flowers. What was also cool was I had shutters on my windows. When I decided to go to college in town, I asked to redo my room so I had that room for a long time that way. When I redid it it was hard to get rid of Bambi and Flower but I thought now that I was in college I should paint over it. Come to find out it was washable and it washed right off!

4. Favorite article of clothing...this one is a no brainer. Behind our house there was a sand pit and kids from the high school used to hang out there. One day when I was walking through the area, I found a sweater someone had left behind. I took it home and washed it and I think I put an ad in the paper for lost and found. No one claimed it so I kept it. The reason I liked it was because it must have been hand made, it was like a wrap and long enough to cover my bum. It was off white in color. I often imagined my self riding a horse in the winter with a cowboy hat, suede boots, jeans and this sweater/jacket. I wore it all the time until my mom had had it and threw it out (it was getting holes in it). I wore it all year during my senior year.

5. Favorite stuffed animal. I had a pillow shaped like Snoopy and I always slept with it (along with my many other animals so I only took up a tiny part of the bed).

6. Strangest thing to happen to me as a kid. Every night when I went to bed I could see my parents bedroom door slightly ajar. Many times I swore there was ghost looking at me from their door. Months later I finally figured out it was when my dad went to bed, he hung his white t-shirt on the door and that is what I was seeing every night!

7. I spent hours designing dresses with the bolts of fabric my mother had in her cedar chest.

8. My favorite book in junior high was 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton.

9. The first movie that scared the daylights out of me was 'The Exorcist'. The first romantic movie I saw in a theater was "An Officer and a Gentleman". The first movie I ever cried at in a theater was "Steel Magnolias". The first movie I saw multiple times in a theater was 'Star Wars'.

10. The first album I bought was Barry Manilow(stop laughing!) I think I bought a total of five albums my entire life (has to do with the fact that I am hearing impaired I guess). I also bought Shaun Cassidy, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel and Elvis. I think I still have them around somewhere.

I guess that is enough useless stuff for today....BYE!

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I enjoyed learninmg more about you.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Catch said...

A poodle named Husky!lol. I would have loved those shutters, and it would have been hard for me to paint over Bambi too. Great learning more about you!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first Album I ever bought with my own money was a Bobby Sherman one, and I remember I wanted to change my name to Julie.

Julie, Julie, Julie, do you love me?
Ah, Julie, Julie, Julie, do you care?
Julie, Julie, are you thinking of me?
And Julie, Julie, will you still be there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home