Lori's Minute

Friday, March 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Betty

In honor of my mother-in-laws birthday I will replay the moment I first met her. Hubby and I had been dating a couple weeks and he wanted to introduce me to his parents. Of course it had to be a Sunday while they were at church. He came to pick me up early Sunday morning and we headed up for the two and a half hour drive. First we went to the parsonage and his mom happened to be there.

He introduced me and said, 'This is 'the mama'" as he sometimes referred to her and I said, "Hi, the mama." She looked at her son and said, "I like her!" and off she went to take care of her duties at church. Whew!

Thanks for everything, Betty!

4 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. You know, I used to go into my father-in-law's house and sit down and be quiet. He was always so stern looking and sounding. Then one day we went to viist and we lived up in the mountains where it was very cold. I dressed for cold. In the valley it was very warm. I was dying in my FIL's house. Finally I asked, "Excuse me, Dean, would you be offended if I took my shoes off?" He snapped at me. "Go ahead, but if your feet stink we're throwing you out onto the porch!" As usual, I didn't know how to respond to his gruffness, so I turned to my husband and said, "You must have spent your whole childhood on the porch." And may FIL started laughing. He laughed through all the rest of our visit. And after that he no longer intimidated me. For us it took 5 years, you just smart-mouthed right off the bat and got it over with. Wish I'd have thought of that.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Im glad she liked you.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Catch said...

not knowing your MIL personally, but, knowing what I read about her and thru her blog..Id say you got the cream of the crop in MIL's. Congratulations!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I still like you and I am glad for the choice he made.
I have been having trouble commenting with the new blogger so for the third time I am trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home