Lori's Minute

Friday, January 12, 2007

Does CLUE Equal Crime?

Recently in the news there was a report that violent crime is up across the country. One guy said it was because of the generation that grew up on violent video games. I do not know if this is true but just because I did not grow up playing violent video games does not mean these games did not exist.

For instance, my favorite game to play growing up was called CLUE. Today it would be considered a violent game but then it was a 'mystery game'....ooooooohhhhh. But it definitely contained violence. You had to try to 'solve the mystery'of who killed somebody in what room with what device. For instance, it could be Col. Mustard used a rope in the billiard room or Mrs. White used a candlestick in the ballroom or perhaps it was the beautiful Miss Scarlet who used a knife in the conservatory.

This was my favorite game and we played it often in our house. As far as I know, I have not killed anyone. Now excuse me while I go clean up the blood in the library.

6 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Catch said...

cute post Lori! I really do not believe these games cause people to be violent. We used to have a nintendo game called Contra....I played it constantly..and Im not violent! Now I gotta take my holster and gun off so I can get to bed ;-)

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not play Clue much because I did not have it myself. But I loved the movie.

Video games are not to blame. I think it is a mix of a few things. And as the population increases, the number of crazy people is going to naturaly increase with it.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

In Clue we did not see the graffic doing of the murder no matter how it was done as some of the video games. I think crime takes place from a person who has had many influences.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! We used to play Clue a lot too. We also played a lot of Monopoly,which I usually won. So how come I'm not rich?

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Monopoly the way we played it was more violent than clue.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori -- the violence was different. In clue the person was dead and no blood was ever seen. In the video games actual shooting goes on ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home