Lori's Minute

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another Christmas Memory

About 15 years ago, I was in my early twenties and I went to Christmas Eve service with my mother. We decided to go to the family service so we could see all the little kids. At our church, the pastor gave a children's message where he would invite all the kids up, tell the Christmas story and end it by having the kids search for the baby Jesus which he had hidden somewhere amongst the congregation. Once it was found, he would place the baby Jesus in the stable and invite the kids up to look at him and send them all back to sit with their parents.

This time, all the kids were done looking and back to their seat except for one littlle girl. She was about three, wore a beautiful white Christmas dress and she stood staring at the manger for the longest time with her back to us, up on her tippy toes oblivious to the rest of us watching her. Her mother went to get her but pastor asked her to wait a bit, knowing the powerful message of the moment. Finally, her mom went to get her and we went on with the service.

I will always remember that Christmas.

5 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Catch said...

What a sweet story Lori. The innocense of a child is a marvel to watch..no wonder you wont forget it.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

There is still wonder in that manger ...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I like the story

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger trinitystar said...

Sometimes a child see's something we don't. Beautiful feeling from this story. :o)
Ive come via Starbender. A traveller of peace.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger starbender said...

I soo luv children! They are such a blessing! (...it's the teen's that drive me nuts!)

What a beautiful memory.

Geeze- I'm such a bloggin-addict I shall suffer withdrawls....AUGH!!!

like Arnald, ...I'll Be Back!
' ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home