Lori's Minute

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What Year Was It?

I never got into resolutions because I do not think of things that happened "in the year of...." or "this year I am going to...."

I always think of things in terms of where I was or what was going on in my life. For instance, I was in high school when Reagan was shot, I was in a restaurant when O.J. was in his white bronco trying to get away. I can't tell you what year it was, but I can say I was at work when the Oklahoma bombing occurred, at a friend's house when the Challenger exploded or at home sick when I heard about the death of a friend of the family.

Sometimes, I think of things in terms of when we were living at the other house or in the house we are in now. I stopped driving when we were living at the other house. Or, I was still working so that must have been when we were at the other house.

THen there are the memories that are connected to the ages of my kids. I cannot tell you what year the Packers won the Super Bowl, but my daughter was 18 months old. She was four when we went to Disney World and she was five when we moved to the new house so she could go to a better school.(This means we were at the other house when we won the Super Bowl and went to Orlando).

Same thing with my son, he was a baby when I bought the new dining room set, was four months old sleeping in my arms as I watched the towers fall on 9/11, six months old when my husband was one of thousands laid off due to the company going into bankruptcy, and he was just over a year when my father-in-law was in the hospital for five long months. I remember it was during the fall and over the holidays but I do not know what year it was when it happened.

Things happen when they happen whether we like it or not, whether we are ready or not so the year does not seem to matter in my life.

Now after saying all that , I just remembered my previous post where I started out saying "New Year's Eve 1992". Ughhhhhh....can't I get anything right?????

Have a good day, people!

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori -- you just don't usually remember tha year. I am the same way.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Same here. Glad to know I am not the only one like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home