Lori's Minute

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Buying in Bulk

My husband is so funny. Because I do not drive, he has to do the the shopping. Every once in awhile, he stops in at Sam's to buy things in bulk. Most of the time, we think this is a great idea but every once in awhile we buy something in bulk and five years later, we are still trying to use it up.

For instance, a couple years ago hubby went on the Atkins and was eating a lot of soups and desserts so we were always running low on spoons. He came home with a GIANT box of spoons and we are still using them. I have tried everything to get this box emptied....sending a bunch to hubby's work for their Wed. lunch, using them for mixing paint, taking a bunch and tnrowing them up in the air to see where they land but they are still here. I think they are multiplying.

Yesterday, I asked him to pick up some ziploc sand. bags because my son takes a lunch to school. He came home with a bulk box, inside were five boxes of 100 bags. By my calculations, we will have these bags until my son goes to college. But, we will never have to purchase them again!

He did buy some other stuff in bulk which we will defintely use up in a month....Nyquil for me, diet drinks (again for me), fruit roll ups, juicy juice and cereal.

Well, time to go clear a space for the ziploc bags right next to the spoons....this could take awhile....do not know when I'll be back.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Catch said...

this is too funny... I went to Sams thins weekend and bought the zip lock bags too! lol. I bought the gallon size freezer bags though! LoL

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We would buy in bulk but where would we put it? How about your garage?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home