Lori's Minute

Friday, January 05, 2007

An Awesome Day

After a rather drab week. it ends rather well. We have my son's kindergarten teacher send home daily notes and today his note said he had "An Awesome Day!' so we went to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate....on a Friday night, too! It was pretty painless...we sat in a booth by the door where we could still see the kids but away from the stage and the noise.

Hubby and I had a nice chat where we discussed what we were going to spend the gifts card we got for Christmas. We both decided we could get what we wanted at Best Buy so we headed over there after the kids were done playing.

I have not been out of the house since last Sunday for church and have not bought anything for myself in two months at least (make that three). I spent my card on the second season of Nip/Tuck. I would never buy this with our own money. We started watching it this year and I wanted to see how it was before so I got the first season for Christmas and we just got done watching it so I was ready for the second season.

Hubby got a new boombox for his office.

I started on the treadmill today....did not get very far but it was a start. I am keeping Quilldancer in my thoughts picturing her working out and being dedicated to her workouts.

Yesterday I took down most of the outside lights, the tree is ready to go outside and all the other decorations are put away until next year. So I did accomplish something this week.

Have a good weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Yay for the exercise start! You go, Lori! I weighed in today!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Oh are you on the ball,taking down the decoration and working on the tredmill.
glad you spend your cards.
Thats the way to go grandson!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I have only watched Nip Tuck a few times but I enjoyed it. Good luck on your diet Lori!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Every long journey begins with little steps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home