Lori's Minute

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another Day

Today was a challenging day. Since hubby is out of town, the kids slept with me last night. My daughter was coughing a lot during the night and this morning she said she could not go to school. She really likes school and had a field trip planned after school so I know she was not feeling well.

Around two, she said it hurt so much she wanted to see a doctor. I called and got her in and called my mom to take us. I hate to call my mom because she lives a half hour away but she came and took us. Turns out the munchkin has a sinus infection and her asthma was aggravated and got worse last night so they did a pulse ox check (93), gave her a breathing treatment and then the ox. was 95. We laughed about how she is like grandpa and she needed a breathing treatment. Then it was off to the pharmacy to get a prescription (another half hour wait) and then we ate at a restaurant but the daughter did not eat much so we left. On the way home in the car she had a coughing fit. We could not get home soon enough.

We got all the medications taken and now she is alseep on the couch, the boy is asleep in the chair and I will probably sleep on the floor between them. Poor kid.

Hubby called from New Orleans and things are going fine there. I talked to my dad and he is doing ok. (Fell and hit his head a couple weeks ago and needed a bunch of stitches in his head so he is recovering from that). I walked my son to school in the rain this morning.

Sometimes it sucks I cannot drive. But, I am thankful my mom was there to take us to the doctor and the school is only two blocks away so we only got a little wet (with the rain coming at you sideways, it is hard to stay dry!).

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home