Lori's Minute

Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 13th anniversary so this gives me a good excuse to brag about my hubby. I met him because he worked with my brother. Our first date was to see the movie"Aladdin", the Disney movie. I really enjoyed it because he laughed out loud during the movie and was not afraid to. We were a little early for the movie, so we went to store in the mall to check out lawn mowers, computers and BBQ'S. He had just moved into a house and needed a mower and bbq, and I was thinking of getting a computer. We look back at it now and think it was a funny thing to do on a first date.

After the movie, he took me home. Since I cannot see in the dark, he walked me to the door and I invited him in for soda. We talked until 4 a.m.! He told me his whole life story...all the girls who broke his heart, all about his family etc. Finally, the dog looked at me like when is this guy going home?! So, I said I had to get up and go to work so he left.

I thought it went well and if he asked me our again, I would say yes but I was not sure how he felt so I was not getting my hopes up. I went to work and came home to a flower truck dropping off a bouquet of flowers for me!!!!! The card said, "Something beautiful for someone beautiful."

And all is right with the world....I still feel that way about him.

Happy Anniversary, Honey!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Ahhh, what a beautiful post.

Happy Anniversary to you both!! Whooo-hooo, love wins again. The good guys take it home..

The date sounds abosulety sweet actually. I love that you were so comfortable with each other that you could just go and check for a BBQ and comp and lawnmower. I love that he send you the flowers with such a lovely thing written..he is right you know..you are quite lovely inside an out.

May your have a wonderful day. Enjoy. Kisses and hugs and all the best...

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad that first date went so well. I have a great daughter-in Law who has given so much to my son.

LOve You

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Happy Anniversary. I always say to remember why you got married in the first place.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

How sweet -- Happy Anniversary to both of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home