Lori's Minute

Saturday, September 23, 2006

This one is for Grandma and Grandpa

We went to see the in-laws today. On the way home, my five year old said he forgot to tell Grandma and Grandpa the story he 'wrote' (I have to write it down for him since he is only five). I told him I would post it so they would see it.

The Dog in Space

One day a dog went into space. He got into a cannon and the cannon shot him into space. He looked for moon rocks and aliens. It was very dark in space. Mom and Dad looked up and saw the darkness but it was not space, it was a dog!

The End

Meanwhile....

...on the way to see the in-laws we stopped to see a one year old golden retriever named Charlie. He was abused by his former family so the breeder took him back. (This is the same breeder we got our other dog who passed away about a month ago).

We stopped at the local Piggly Wiggly and bought some doggie treats before we went to meet him. Wow, what a bundle of energy!!!! He needs a lot of obedience training (who doesn't?) but the thing that bothered the hubby and I was the fact that he ate my sons toy....we got it out before he swallowed it but still, we had flashbacks because both of our previous dogs ate things and both had surgery which is not cheap. We can try our darndest, but with my sight I would not be able to see if he gets a toy or not and he will be with me most of the time.

But, he so needs a family to love him. My 11 year old wants him but so far the vote is 2 in favor (the kids) and 2 not in favor (the parents). Hubby said it right when he said, "He sounds perfect for us, doesn't listen, eats stuff he shouldn't, is more than we can handle....all things we have dealt with in the past."

Supposedly he is house trained and he is already neutered, both things are in his favor plus he has a year of puppy-ness out of his system.

I will pray about it and see what happens.

5 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

what a beautiful story. he obviously takes after his granparents. great story tellers. congratulate him for me.

i do hope that whatever you decide about the dog is bring you all peace and joy. good luck.

glad you visited with the grandparents. lovely time i say. hope Bree is doing a bit better. hugs to all.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Pretty good story for a 5 year old. I hope school nurtures his imagination, rather than cleansing him of it.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Give up the dog thing and go back to the giant worm.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I loved the story.
We ejoyed your being here.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute story!

I am so glad that the dog is no longer in the abusive home! Being house broken is a big plus. Poor thing just needs some other training. And in your situation I can understand if you decide no. If you do take him in that is great. An dif not I am sure the person will find him another good home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home