Lori's Minute

Friday, September 15, 2006

My poor daughter

My daughter is 11 years old. She is having a tough time not feeling well. Hubby and I are frustrated because whatever we give her does not seem to work. She has a very runny nose this past week but at the same time sounds so stuffed up like she cannot breathe. Thursday she was so frustrated she came home early from school. We are on a new medical plan for insurance and I tried to get into see someone either Thurs. or Friday but everyone was booked. Today when hubby came home from work, he took her to the new walk in clinic.

The doctor who examined her said for a sick kid, she is too happy. She has allergies and asthma so she prescribed some inhalers, steroids, and some other stuff. I hope by the Monday she is feeling better. The doctor also made us an appointment with a reg. doctor next week to make sure what she has taken has helped.

We are all glad we finally are able to treat this (hopefully) becuase we did not know if she had a cold, infection, asthma or what. She was not running a fever and not coughing so that complicated things even more. In the past when she has these sympotoms she also had a fever and was coughing and is prone to bronchitis or pneumonia.

Meanwhile I picked up the five year old from school and he did well in class but not in gym so we talked about it on the way home. I went for a walk this morning with a friend after I dropped him off and it felt good. I had not walked since our dog died and it was good to talk to my friend about it who is very good at listening. People have been so wonderful and are truly sorry to hear about her passing it makes me realize how important pets are to families.

Have a good one!

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm sorry that Bree is not feeling well. i do hope that the puffers and meds work right away. pls let her know that we are sending her happy, healthy wishes. she was pretty sad about your pet's loss in the heels of her friend. i know when i get stressed i tend to get ill.

your little guy is a sweetie. don't worry he is just a regular kid with a great upbringing, he will be just fine.

hugs to all...and oh, i'm delighted that you got to walk again. it's good to know you did something that makes you feel good again.

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say a prayers for Bree as soon as I am done typing. I hope she get sbetter soon. A friend was recently telling me about another friends daughter who was always sick to her sytomach and could not figure out why. She acted pretty much okay but vomited a lot. She finally found out it was a kidney or bladder infection or something along that line. She felt like a bad mom for not knowing it but her symptoms were not typical with the problem. I hope the doc check severy possibility. Give Bree a hug fom me!!!!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Poor Bree. I wish there was something we could do for her. Grampa never did well in gymn either.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

kids are very resilient, I'm sure you know that, try not to worry. I have a 2 & 5 year old so I kinda know what your going through, but I also have a 16, 18 and 20 year old who are all fine, despite asthma worries and goodness knows what else. We love our kids and that's usually enough.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am sorry that bree is not feeling well. Hope the doctor finds the right thing to treat her.
When I would go walking I would feel better. My walking partner can't any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home