Lori's Minute

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Merry Christmas - sort of

Remember months ago when I tried to do a weight loss program and was posting about it every Tuesday? If I recall, it lasted about a month. I think I lost five pounds total before gaining it back and then some. Then summer came and the kids were home all day eating and I gave in. Well, now that both are in school, I have started again with a '100 day countdown'. At the end of the 100 days, it will be Christmas and I hope to post at least half of the weight loss I hope to lose by then. Plus, I will have a good head start on the New Year's Resolution, right? Hubby has already taken the 'before' picture and I will post the before and after pictures on Christmas.

Yesterday was the official 100th day and I will admit I started the program on Monday but I am allowing myself five days to eat what I want between now and Christmas so that is why I started five days earlier.(Stop laughing!!!!!) This will give me five days to look forward to and the first one is coming up soon! The 25th of Sept. is our anniversary and hubby and I are going out to dinner at a steak place (My favorite meal is filet mignon,fries, and a salad). We have not yet decided if we are taking the kids yet.

I really wish I could be like my brother who 'forgets' to eat.....what???? Then I went on my walk this morning with my walk friend and we got to talking about who has great cheese curds and so on....I was so hungry when I got home I made my lunch as soon as I walked in the door (but kept within my points. For those of you who do not know, I follow the Weight Watchers point system which gives every food item a point value and each person is allowed so many points per day which I have figured out is about a third of what I usually eat!).

Plus, to avoid eating at night I am going to bed really early. Looks like I will be going to bed around noon by the time Halloween rolls around (My second 'eat what I want''day).

My daughter is trying her allergy/asthma medication but there has not been much change in her yet. I know.....give it time.

More later....

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, as a dieter I had to laugh at your comment about going to bed by noon. I know what that's like! I wish you great success. I think your "eat what you want days" are a great idea. Remember to drink plenty of water.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Good luck. I need to join you. As of my last weigh-in I am back to what I started at. It came back the last two weeks because of going out and funerals I attended and served. I choose to eat more than one sweet after a meal in which I was filled.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, thank you for the nice comments on my blog. I think the woman I helped didn't know her right from her left because she was frightened. I don't know how long she was looking for her keys before I arrived but it was long enough that she was very near tears. She was also a bit afraid of me. She wouldn't move so I could pick up the keys. I sensed she was afraid of being mugged as well. I just talked to her calmly and slowly and walked her through finding her keys. When she finally had them she calmed down, the dog calmed down, and she thanked me and told me her name is Twila.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

don't take us nooooooooooooooooooooo! have Sarah or some one else babysit us it is all about you

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

your post had me laughing..thank you..you are must funny..you will do just fine with your new goal..not that you are asking me for you are quite beautiful and don't need to change a thing..congratulations on the anniversary..i'm with Bree, go alone, just the two of you and enjoy...hugs and best wishes to both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home