Lori's Minute

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Almost a scary moment

Sometimes I wonder if I even know my kid. I know what he looks like, I know he likes candy a lot, I know he is very active. I know there are some things he does better than anyone else in the family such as putting things back where they are supposed to go. I also know he has a mind of his own which leads to what happened when I went to pick him up from school.

I was standing right in front of the door about 25 feet away so I could watch all the kids come out. I thought I saw his class, but no Luke. I waited and some more kids came out. My first thought was he was in trouble and the teacher wanted to talk to me and that is why I had not seen him yet. Finally, he came out with an aide and there were two women who walked with him up to me. Apparently, he got in the bus line to get on the bus because he wanted to ride the bus! I thanked the women for catching it before he got on because I would have been frantic if he did not come out the door. (The kids who ride the bus go out the front of the building, the ones who walk, go out a side door to all the waiting parents.)

So, I bent down and talked to Luke...

Me "You never, ever get on the bus. You always wait for mom or dad to pick you up...ok?"

Luke: "I wanted to take the bus home. All the other kids take the bus."

Me; "The bus goes to their house, the bus does not go to your house. You would never get off the bus and never get home!" (Put a little fear in there)

Luke; "Ok, mom, did you make brownies?"

So, all night and this morning I asked him how he gets home and he said, "I walk!"

"Who do you walk with?"

"With you or dad!"



Now watch when they go on a field trip and he will not get on the bus!

6 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

it seems like you have a school there with some nice staff that keep an eye on things. i can tell you that one staff in Cel's school send her in the wrong bus. she has to transfer in a higher campus for her new bus route and her new school campus and i was reassurred that the staff would know to help her...grr..she had the mind to get off the bus when she didn't see anyone she recognize from her other sibblings buses...

your little one is cute. i'm glad that he didn't get loss or anything. i can only imagine your heart..you are right it was almost a scary thing.

but i like your last line, made me laugh..he is little though..he sounds like a wonderful kid. he has a great family, he will be just fine.

have a good one and don't worry (it's hard i should know). hugs.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

That was an almost scary moment.
He reminds me of me. I wanted to ride on the bus. the grade school was a block away. Jr High three blocks. I had a chance with high school but my home was one block to short. The first time I was on the bus was when I became a teacher and we had a field trip.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary and funny story. Now I want a brownie!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

lol! Mom, you will have to go on the field trip, too, as a chaperone.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Catch said...

haha, thats too cute Lori. He just wants a little bus ride....I can imagine how scared you would have been. When my nephew went to kindergarten my SIL watched for him to get off the bus, he didnt.....she drove to the school, he wasnt there. She was going totally nuts ( so would I), finally they discovered he was on one of the buses and he had fallen asleep!!!! So he was on the right bus, but when he fell alseep in the back b/c he was so small they didnt see him.....when the bus driver brought the bus to the bus garage he checked all the seats , thats how they found him!!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Catch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home