Lori's Minute

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Awwwwwwww,,,,

I was going to post about a negative phone call I had yesterday (this is why I do not call people) but then something wonderful happened last night.

We were watching a rerun of the Miss America pageant. I did not know it was a rerun until the evening gown competition when I recognized two of the dresses. (Hey don't get on my case, it was for 2006 but I think it originally aired in Feb. The bio about one contestent who has a pet pig should have been my first clue but I thought it must me a popular pet these days).

Anyway, my daughter and I made our predicitons on who we would pick for the top ten. Pretty sad to say, none of the three I picked made it to the top ten! Pretty sad since it was a rerun.

My five year old son walks in and sees Miss Oklahoma and says, "Ooooooo, I LIKE Miss Oklahoma!" I say I like her dress and he says, "I like her hair!" (Boys always like long hair, a proven fact for centuries).

Later, as we were sitting there, my son said, "Mom, you should go there, you would win!" Awwwwwwwwww...By the way, Miss Oklahoma won!

And all is right with the world.

7 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Neoma said...

so cute....I think your son must like you hair also...... :)

Aren't kids precious.....

Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope to be friends.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Catch said...

How precious little boys are about their Mothers!!Isnt it a great feeling?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

oh how sweet...he deserves ice cream and cookies i think..my type of parenting, lol, positive reinforcement...lol..

i second that...you are wonderfully sweet inside and out my dear...

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Ms. O won -- the boy knows how to pick'em! Listen to him!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

WOw...that is so special! What a little sweetie! I look forward to little things like that with my sons. My daughter is pretty sweet like that. She is 3.
Hey if I could be Miss America in the eyes of my kids, I'd be set.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

His vote is the only one that counts. You are Miss America.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home