Lori's Minute

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Sandwich

My daughter wanted me to blog about the sandwich so here it is.

She wanted an egg sandwich for lunch so I made one for her. It was on a paper plate and she was on her way downstairs to eat it. I told her before she went downstairs she had to get water for the dog. Instead of putting her sandwich down, she carried it along with the water bowl. As she put the water bowl down on the floor, I heard a PLOP! I lookover and her plate is empty. I ask, "Where is your sandwich?" and she is looking at me and cries, 'It fell into the water bowl!"
Sure enough the dog is drinking all the water in order to get to the sandwhich. I was laughing so hard because I thought it was so funny. She was notl laughing because she did not think I was going to make her another sandwich but once I told her I would, then she laughed. And that is the story of the sandwich which really was pretty funny....guess you had to be here to really appreciate it.

Hooray it is Friday and Father's Day weekend. Pete and the kids went and got his gift which was a remote control airplane ($30) and of course they had to try it out as soon as they got home. THe last time he got one it flew once before crashing to the ground. This time he flew it into the bushes and then into the house but at least it still works and will live to see another day.

Have a good one!

9 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story! My dogs would have stole the sandwhich as soon as I bent down before it had the chance to fall in the water. They are soooo bad! Ever put peanut butter on your dogs nose? Now that is a good laugh!

Have a good weekend!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

well it sounds like the dog had quite a treat..i'm sure he was migthy glad.

pls pass on our best wishes to the dad that your children love so much and the husband that makes you so very happy...Happy Father's Day!

enjoy your wknd sweetie.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Hi Lori

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I dont know how involved you are in the art community in Green Bay, but if you want any insight into any, drop me a note.

Would highly recommend checking out the facilities at Jack Richeson's in Kimberly. Right off of 141 and College Ave.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Iam sure that both enjoyed an egg sandwich. That was funny.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

LOL, I guess she thought you were gonna make her and and the dog fight for it.

I do that myself sometimes. She ain't the only one.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

WE fathers keep buying airplanes and the dang things keep crashing. That's why my wife won't let me get the $200 one I want.
Our dogs would never have bothered with the water on the way to the sandwhich.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

My dog would have tipped over the water bowl to get to the sandwich...oh and by the way,egg sandwichs are my absoulute favourite.My Mum still makes them for me when I go there for lunch.When I was very sick in hospital that was all I could eat.Hooray for mothers who raise their kids on them:)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Catch said...

the story about the dog was cute! Im sure he enjoyed his egg sandwich! I bathed our dog today, I think she is still mad at me...lol

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger kristi said...

My cats have a knack for messing up the kids food, whenever I make waffles or pancakes my cat comes running she loves syrup and will fight the kids for their plates it they sit in the floor. Needless to say anything with syrup is now served at the table, or I put the cat out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home