Lori's Minute

Monday, June 05, 2006

Who cares what we weigh Tuesday?

I did not get on the scale today nor do I plan to but for those who would like to post a loss, be my guest. I hope everyone either remained the same or lost something.

I wanted to mention something the ten year old said after her communion yesterday. Her dad mentioned something about now she knows what communion is and she said, "When I was younger, I thought communion meant church was almost over!"

I think I will also include my countdown starting with number 20...we are almost done!

20. I have a problem with freezing meat. I would rather use it right away than thaw it out.So, we usually have the meals with the meat in the beginning of the week and have the other meals such as pastas near the end of the week.

19. I do not eat or make soup. In fact the only soup I have tried is chicken noodle when I was a kid. My mother makes soup all the time and I could always tell when I came home from school when she was making pea soup...YUK! Same for liver and onions. The family likes it once in awhile so I will use the stuff in a can (the soup, not liver and onions.)

18.I am 100 percent Norwegian....uff da! I used to get a kick out of telling people my father is part Irish so I would wear green on St. Patricks Day and they would say that I must be part Irish and then I would point out I was adopted which would then lead to the discussion if I ever wanted to find my birth parents (no!) blah, blah, blah.

17. My house is decorated in what I call a 'mish mash' style...a little of everything with no theme.

16. I never got pulled over by a cop (ok,
I do not drive but I meant while I was driving).

15. I have never met or talked to anyone famous (unless you count a few Packer players). I would like to have a conversation with a famous person to ask them if it is really a pain to be famous with all these strangers asking stupid questions like the one I am asking. I also want to know if it was worth it to be famous and have all that money. If it were me, I would want to be famous in a way that I am not recognizable such as an author or someone who invented a life saving device or something we use everyday like the paper clip.

14.I say 'like' way too much.

13. I only started eating salads in the last couple of years.

12. When I worked in the vault at the bank, the most money I ever had at one time was just over 2 million dollars (during the holidays).

11. Also while I worked at the bank as a teller, I had a guy come in who showed me a gun in his pocket. He was upset because the bank has closed his account. That is why I went to the vault so I would not have to be a teller anymore. Most people are not happy when they go the bank and I did not want to deal with them anymore.

Thanks goodness we only have ten more to go. The last ten are the ones I think represent me the most.

Have a good one!

8 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same issue with meat.Thawing meat grosses me out.If it weren't for Durk I would hardly even buy meat. I do like split pea soup though!

I have been pulled over for speeding 4 times, I think. I can't remember at the moment. I have a heavy foot.One time I got pulled over for doing 81 on I81! I should have said I thought the sign was the limit! LOL

I have talked to James Garners wife and a Kenndey when I worked credit card customer service. And I talked to Dennis Leary once via satelite from Epcot before he was famous. And I met Bush, lucky me.

You are definately one picky eater;)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I wonder why you do not want to get on the scale[knowing why] I also fear the results of the weekend. That was very good food.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:)
I also love pea and ham soup which I make once a week to feed 5 men and myself..
OH..and weight...well Im gaining and James is losing! He eats cookies all day and icecream and I seem to be comfort eating.Oh well,I guess I can do with it having been super skinny all my life,I now have curves!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i have had 2 speeding tickets and hopefully never again...both within wks of each other..i love soup..no liver/onion or peas though but the real ;) stuff like chicken or beef,yummy! most latinos love soups and eat it even in the hottest days..it actually doesn't make you hotter..i always have to know everything, not in a gossipy way but in a discovery way of myself, so i would want to know why, who and where if adopted..absolutely no interest in the 'entertainment business' except for the comedy they sometimes, often, provide. i think they are well overated and spoiled while so many are going without...nice lists,thanks for sharing. can't wait for the last 10. oh, what your daughter said it's cute and i can totally see how she would think that way...

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Catch said...

Im enjoying this list...and getting to know you much better.

I have had way too many speeding tickets to count!!! LoL...I have slowed down finally, I used to love driving fast! my Mother still watches the speedometer when she rides with me. lol.

I love meat...steak is my favorite.

I have met Robert deniro and Christopher Walken and John Savage. Robert Urich was from around here ( he has a twin brother) and I seen Robert in the Mall one time.

I love salads and My Mom used to be the best salad maker around...she used vinegar and oil for the dressing and it was always so good. She doesnt cook anymore. I do the cooking but I cant make a salad as good as hers :((

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I wondered what your house style was.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I did not get on the scale either. I am only 10 lbs away from goal but I keep getting off track. Plus I am going home in two weeks and I will surely gain. I need a good kick in the butt to get me back on track.

~BTW~ My house is a mix of stuff too. I think sits called acclectic.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home