Lori's Minute

Thursday, June 15, 2006

MIBD

MIBD stands for Most Important Brain Delete which happens when people forget the most important people or things to them. For instance, it always happens at the Oscars or the Emmys when people are giving their acceptance speech, they forget to thank their spouse or mom. (This is why I always practice my thank you speech while I am in the tub).

Other examples of MIBD are: forgetting to sign your tax return, getting all the way to the event and realizing you forgot your tickets or not picking up your kid at school. This happened once when my daughter was in kindergarten and she had a half day and I totally forgot. Now I am a total freak about half days...."Do you have a half day today? How about tomorrow? Maybe later this week?"

"Mom, school is out, it is summer."

"Ok, well I am just checking.Now, go clean your room."

Last night I had an occurrence of MIBD. We had gone out to dinner, we get all the way home and I knew I had forgotten my purse. My husband asks, "Are you sure you took your purse?" This is a valid question because I rarely take it. "Yes, I am sure because I rememeber thinking I should not take it off because I might forget it" (I wear one of those small purses with the long strap over my torso so it does not fall off). So, my wonderful husband says he will go back and get it. He is so good about these kind of things. This is maybe the third time I've done this since we have been married, and each time he has offered to go back and get it. Each time someone was kind enough to turn it in. So, thank you to all of you who return purses!

Since we are talking about MIBD, i wanted to mention a very important item to my 'top 100' list which I had been saving for the top ten but I totally forgot about it which is "I love chocolate". It should have been at least number three or four right after the birth of my kids.

Family Update:Well, you already know what we did last night with the whole MIBD. This also happened with 'Post you weight loss Tuesday' when I could not remember what I was supposed to blog about that day, right? RIGHT! that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i like your sense of humor..you always me laugh..thank you.

i tell you a lot of people are diagnosed with MIBD. i suffer from it too. do you want to start our own charter/support group? would we remember that we did?

my ex twice forgot our newborn babies...he said he totally forgotten that they were already born..no kidding. he left them in the car when he went in to the supermarket.

have a nice day. hugs.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I always am loosing stuff. My poor purse has been abandonded at many places. And yes my husband always returns to get it for me. I think I want him to do it because I am emabarassed that I left it in the first place. I too have forgotten my son on a half day. I have lost credit cards and had to cancel them only to find them later and I loose my mind on a regular basis.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a MIBD every morning when I first wake up I don't know where I am.I guess it is from moving so much! LOL!

Chocolate is a precious gift from God!;)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Catch said...

I have MIBD also. I also have CRS...cant remember sh*t...lol and the older you get the worse it gets! Hope you remembered to get the trash out yesterday! lol

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I don't have this problem. I am as sharp as a tack. Now if I could remeber what this blog was about I could finish this comment.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

Glad you got your purse back! I have moments of MIBD. I'll be heading to the back to deposit a check, or make a point to do that, and go out and foreget the check! and it's what I was going out for. Sigh.

you have a nice weekend.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I had about 4 MIBD today the times with the car keys. I left them in the house three times as I was going to drive off, the last place was the ice cream place were I left them on the table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home